At the foot of Tam Dao mountain range, the Ngao waterfall in Dai Tu District has become a popular weekend retreat, easily accessed with a two-hour drive from Hanoi.
The road leading to the waterfall cuts through dense forests offering cool shelter from hot summer days.
Promoted by travel bloggers as an ideal summer escape, the waterfall has drawn increasing numbers of people from the capital city. Of these, many choose to camp overnight in the area.
As tourist numbers increase, some families living near the waterfall have opened homestay facilities with camping and catering services.
Around two kilometers from the Ngao Waterfall is the Mo&Jen Camp Retreat. It offers luxury camping services with amenities like bathrooms, toilets, mattresses, fans and food.
The campsite has 11 tents that can accommodate four people each, all set up in a grove on the edge of a small stream. Each tent is equipped with mattresses, blankets and pillow. Apart from the 11 tents, there are several areas for families and groups of friends who want to camp with their own tents.
The tents are always kept clean to prevent mosquitoes and other insects from disturbing the guests. A sit-out area outside the tents make it very convenient for guests to enjoy chill evenings around the warmth of a campfire.
At night, guests are served grilled meat and saugages with bread, green vegetables and fruit.
The price for overnight camping at the resort is VND1 million per person on weekdays and VND1.2 million on weekends, including meals.
While camping near the Ngao Waterfall, visitors can trek through the surrounding forest alongside the stream and even swim where the flowing water forms a pond.
- Road To Reopening: New Jersey Summer Camps Allowed To Open For Season
- No Technology Allowed at 'Digital Detox' Summer Camp for Grown-Ups
- When summer costs a lot: Parents shell out on children’s summer programmes
- Practical outings for the summer break
- J&K: Landslide at Sehar Baba waterfall kills 7
- The Best Soft Coolers for Camping, Tailgates and Commutes
- Jason Voorhees Kills with Kindness in Friday the 13th Fan Comic Camp Counselor Jason
- Lockdown rules for the summer - what you can do and when as UK starts to open up
- Hanoi’s streets covered by flamboyant flowers in summer
- Hanoi’s lesser-known sightseeing: Tram relic complex
- Tourism agencies see more bookings for summer travel
- Glamping pods named Brits' top camping choice - and stays you can book from £12pp
Chill out in summer, camp at a waterfall near Hanoi have 436 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.