The airline is set to receive its 22nd narrowbody Airbus A321 jet and fourth widebody Boeing B7s87 this quarter, CEO and chairman Dang Tat Thang told shareholders at the recent extraordinary shareholders' meeting of its parent company FLC.
The airline currently has 29 jets, comprising 21 narrowbody aircraft, three Boeing B787s and five Embraer 190 regional aircraft, according to aviation data website Planespotters.
Its competitors Vietnam Airlines operates 99 aircraft, and Vietjet 77.
Thang became the new chairman of Bamboo Airways and FLC in March to replace Trinh Van Quyet who was arrested for alleged stock manipulation.
The airline saw revenues rising 150 percent between the first and second quarter this year as travel resumed, Thang said.
Bamboo Airways now operates nearly 200 flights a day on 60 domestic routes and 12 international routes, he added.
It has recently increased pilot wages by 20 percent, he said.
While FLC is set to experience a complete restructure this year, it will continue to expand Bamboo Airways' operation both domestically and internationally, with the aim of making it a five-star airline of global standard, Thang said.
“To achieve this goal, Bamboo Airways needs many new investors to increase its capital.”
- Bamboo Airways fleet expansion plan runs into overreach concerns
- Bamboo Airways expects profits to take off in 2020
- Bamboo Airways receives first Boeing Dreamliner
- World's Top Air Forces Ranked, Comparing U.S., Russia and China Fleet Sizes
- Sneak peek inside the Boeing factory as Dreamliner built for British Airways
- Vietnam carriers could launch direct flights to US as early as this year
- Royal International Air Tattoo: British Airways A380 superjumbo flies in formation with Red Arrows
- British Airways' parent company intends to buy 200 Boeing 737 MAX jets
- Celadon bankruptcy biggest of nearly 800 truck company failures this year
- Santa Claus House: Everything is merry year round
- Eats shoots and flees: Pandas abandon their bamboo leaves and scramble up a tree as earthquake hits China
- Why did ancient Egypt spend 3000 years playing a game nobody else liked?
Bamboo Airways to triple fleet size in 6 years have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 5, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.