According to the ministry’s report, most of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 42 out of 63 localities in the country.
As of Wednesday evening, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to over 10.75 million.
On July 6, an additional 7,626 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to over 9.73 million.
On Wednesday evening, no deaths related to Covid-19 were recorded, the country’s total fatalities stay at 43,089, accounting for 0.4 per cent of total infections.
By July 5, Vietnam had injected more than 234 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines, including over 8.85 million given to children aged 5 to 11.
Speaking at a Monday meeting, deputy minister of health Nguyen Thi Lien Huong said that the pandemic was currently evolving in a complicated and unpredictable manner in the world following the resurgence of subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 of the Omicron variant.
“If the immunity declines in the community along with people's apathy towards vaccinations as well as Covid-19 prevention measures, there will be a high risk of a resurgence of the pandemic,” she said. “Notably, the subvariant BA.5 of the Omicron variant has been reported in Vietnam.”
- New Flu Strain Infects 2 Kids, CDC Says
- New York Times Hires Reporter Who Sent Stories To Clinton Staffers For Approval
- Pope Francis issues broad new Vatican law on reporting of sexual abuse and cover-up
- Ex PayPal COO to become new Google Commerce chief: Report
- Episcopal Church creates new priest certification program
- New Zealand needed human skin to treat volcano burn victims. Help came from Ohio.
- Risky effort set to retrieve bodies from New Zealand volcano island
- New Zealand mourns: Jacinda Ardern hangs her head during a minute's silence for victims of the White Island volcano disaster - as 16 people are confirmed dead
- Report: San Francisco Giants tried to trade Madison Bumgarner a month ago
- SFMTA’s new leader: Board selects transportation consultant Jeffrey Tumlin
- New York Times: Trump adviser Peter Navarro invokes his fictional alter-ego to make case for China tariffs
- Sanders Stumps with Omar for Largest New Hampshire Rally of Campaign
Additional 913 new Covid-19 infections reported on Wednesday have 357 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.