The elections were conducted within the framework of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)'s 78th session held in Bangkok from May 23 to 27.
Vietnam is among the three and five countries with highest votes at CSAM and SIAP, respectively.
The election of the General Statistics Office and VIAEP to the Governing Councils of SIAP and CSAM demonstrated ESCAP member countries' high appreciation of Vietnam’s contribution as well as its role and position in ESCAP.
The participation of Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and the Vietnamese delegation at the 78th Session of ESCAP on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of ESCAP’s establishment (1947-2022) and 45 years of Vietnam’s joining in the United Nations (1977-2022) showed the country’s commitment and strong support for ESCAP’s activities in a bid to promote sustainable development in the region. That was an important factor for countries to decide to support Vietnam.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- VNA leader suggests ways to win public trust in battle with fake news
- Refugees should not be political fodder
- Pregnant Woman Goes To Clinic. Doctor Reportedly Performs Abortion On Her By Accident
- In 1993, the UN tried to bring democracy to Cambodia. Is that dream dead?
- Cambodia profile - Timeline
- Trump Asia tour focuses on trade, not human rights
- Kem Sokha: Jailed for standing up to Cambodia's strongman
- Hun Sen: Cambodia's prime minister prays for good fortune
- VNA leader suggests ways to win public trust in fake news combat
- Essex lorry deaths: Truck driver appears in court after 39 migrants found dead
- Kim Jong-nam poisoning trial: last suspect to be released after plea deal
- Presidents in Crosshairs: Man Who Threatened to Murder Trump on Run From FBI
Vietnamese offices elected to SIAP and CSAM have 280 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.