The forum drew the participation of hundreds of Algerian economists, businessmen and investors as well as representatives of economic organizations and embassies of African and European countries.
Addressing the event, he said the forum is a good opportunity for Vietnam to explore the trade and investment potential of Annaba province and strengthen economic cooperation between Algeria and Vietnam in general.
The official emphasized the potential and strengths of Vietnam with a vast market of nearly 100 million people and an open economy. Despite the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the country recorded economic growth of 2.58 percent, which is expected to reach 6.5 percent this year.
Vietnam is benefiting from free trade agreements, including the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
The African Continental Free Trade Agreement opens up an opportunity for Vietnamese companies to collaborate with Algerian operators and access this huge market of 1.3 billion people.
Regarding investment cooperation, the Bir Seba joint venture between PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP), Thailand’s PTT Exploration and Production Public Company and Sonatrach Group is a symbol of the successful cooperation between Vietnam and Algeria. The joint venture has exploited about 18,000 barrels of crude oil daily since it was launched in 2003.
Initiated by the Algerian Youth Association in 2021, the forum aims to become an international event held in different provinces and cities to exchange knowledge and promote the development of the local economy and the recovery of the Algerian economy.
- Backgrounder: ASEAN plus China, Japan, S.Korea cooperation mechanism (10+3)
- Vietnam’s three diplomatic pillars in international and regional developments
- Trà Vinh to expand super-intensive shrimp farming
- Cà Mau dense shrimp farming area expanded
- Prime minister says Greece back on road to economic recovery
- Algeria country profile
- Indian auto industry seeks growth injection from new government
- Hanoi officials confirm that Vietnam will host an F1 race in 2020
- 2016 MINI Cooper Convertible
- 2016 Mini Cooper / Cooper S Convertible
- 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman
- The Latest: Koreas agree to seek to co-host 2032 Olympics
Vietnam seeks to expand economic cooperation with Algeria have 328 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.