Themed "The National road-map and guidelines for e-logbook and electronic catch documentation and traceability (eCDT) in Vietnam," the workshop aims to share the results and lessons learned from eCDT pilot programs and make consultation on the road-map to applying e-logbook amd eCDT to the management of fishing activities and the implementation of the Fisheries Law 2017, heading for sustainable and responsible fisheries development in Vietnam.
At the workshop, Deputy Director of the Department of Capture Fisheries under the Directorate of Fisheries Pham Ngoc Tuan presented an overview of the development of the software and guidance on the implementation of e-logbook and eCDT, including training support and pilot programs in localities.
Partcipants at the workshop then discussed the results, lessons learned and gaps identified from the eCDT pilot programs. Lessons learned from the pilot programs have contributed to the completion of the e-logbook and eCDT program, jointly implemented by the directorate and MECOM Maritime Joint Stock Company under the program of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The implementation of the e-logbook and eCDT ensures transparency of information about fishing vessels, ensuring traceability and building customers' trust.
Reported by Chung Anh
- Fishery sector must change to sustain itself on world market
- High-tech supply chain key to sustainability for agriculture
- High-tech supply chain the key to sustainability for VN agriculture: experts
- Fertile land for high-tech agriculture
- Fisheries sector reaches out to ocean to develop marine economy
- Efficient cities crucial to Vietnam’s transformation into high-income society: WB expert
- 2019: The year Vietnam’s aviation sector sprouted new wings
- US finalizing rules to limit sensitive tech exports to China, others
- Vietnam has major role in reducing marine debris
- Vietnam's tourism target looks tough to hit
- HCM City to get high-quality farm products from Long An
- Microsoft to reboot Vietnam cyber security drive
Vietnam's fisheries sector to apply high-tech to ensure traceability have 291 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.