The agreement was reached during a working session on May 13 between Vietnamese Ambassador to Argentina and Paraguay Duong Quoc Thanh and Paraguayan Culture Minister Rubén Dario Capdevila and Honorary Consul of Vietnam in Paraguay Maria del Carmen Falabella.
At the event, the Vietnamese diplomat highly valued the countries' friendship despite geographical distance, expressing his hope that bilateral cooperation programs will be more practical and match with their potential, as culture bridges the gap between people of the countries.
Thanh said Vietnam boasts unique and attractive cultural traditions, beautiful natural landscapes, and friendly people. He hoped that the Honorary Consular Office of Vietnam in Paraguay, set to be officially inaugurated this month, could promote the country, people, and cultural identities of Vietnam to Paraguayan friends.
The ambassador suggested the two sides devise joint plans to organize exchange of delegations as well as other activities such as cultural exchanges, sport competitions, and tourism promotions to mark 27 years of diplomatic relations this year.
For his part, Capdevila noted with satisfaction at the thriving Vietnam-Paraguay relations and spoke highly of the countries' cooperation potential. He pledged to continue working closely with the Vietnamese side to promote bilateral cooperation, especially in culture, sports, and tourism.
He also agreed with Thanh's suggestion regarding promoting Vietnamese culture in Paraguay, and stressed the need to hold film weeks and exhibitions introducing Paraguay and Vietnam in each country.
The Minister appreciated Vietnam's appointment of the Honorary Consul in Paraguay, adding that this will help foster cooperation between Vietnam and Paraguay, in the interests of the two peoples.
Honorary Consul Carmen Falabella said that she has worked out a tentative plan for her office in 2022 and throughout the term, with priority given to connecting businesses, and promoting Vietnam's culture and tourism.
- Vietnam, Germany enjoy fruitful cooperation for 45 years
- Embassy seeks to enhance Vietnam-Romania economic, cultural links
- Vietnam, Nigeria strengthen bilateral relations
- Forum promotes Vietnam - Germany economic, trade cooperation
- Vietnam, China to promote cooperation in Party and political work
- Vietnam, NZ promote defense cooperation
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 4 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 6 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 14 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 12
- Vietnam, Australia target $10 billion in trade in 2020
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 14
Vietnam, Paraguay strengthen cultural cooperation have 371 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 15, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.