Phnom Penh (VNA) – Tourists who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 will not be exempted from quarantine when entering Cambodia, according to the national press agency of Cambodia AKP .
AKP quoted Prime Minister Hun Sen as saying at a meeting on May 17 with the Samdech Techo Young Volunteer Doctors Association (TYDA) that Cambodia welcomes all visitors, but people who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 must still be quarantined for seven days.
The PM emphasised that Cambodia has overcome the epidemic waves caused by variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus such as Alpha, Delta and Omicron, but has not yet conquered COVID-19. Cambodia is devoting all of its efforts to pushing the COVID-19 vaccination programme, so unvaccinated travellers cannot enter without quarantine.
Travellers who have been immunized against COVID-19 do not need to be quarantined and are not required to take rapid or PCR tests before entering Cambodia.
As of May 16, about 93.79 percent of Cambodia’s total population of 16 million people had received basic immunizations against COVID-19 , with approximately 9 million individuals receiving the third dose and 2.2 million receiving the fourth dose. Cambodia has not found a new case of COVID-19 in the last 9 days.
The total number of COVID-19 cases recorded in Cambodia since the beginning of the pandemic is 136,262 cases, of which 133,197 patients have recovered and 3,056 died from the disease. Cambodia detected the first case of COVID-19 in Preah Sihanouk province at the end of January 2020./.
- Cambodia temporarily shuts border with Vietnam for COVID-19 concerns
- Confusion, concern as locked-down Philippines starts coronavirus quarantine
- Cambodia to shut borders with Vietnam amid raging pandemic
- Coronavirus | French infant among four new COVID-19 cases in Cambodia
- View: Quarantine quandaries and questions of trust
- Quarantine quandaries and questions of trust
- British tourist, 68, tells of coronavirus quarantine hell in 'prison like' Vietnam hotel where 27 people are forced to share one toilet with no hot water to shower or wash hands
- ‘Foreign returnees who arrived after Mar. 1 must self-quarantine’
- Rome under quarantine: A diary in times of coronavirus
- Rottnest Island, home of quokka selfies, goes from holiday paradise to coronavirus quarantine zone
- India 21 day Lockdown: What is exempted, what is not
- Indonesia to suspend visa exemption policy over COVID-19 concerns
Unvaccinated tourists not exempted from quarantine upon arrival in Cambodia have 366 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.