HÀ NỘI — Two British tourists, a man and a woman, died in a motorbike crash in the central city Hội An (Quảng Nam Province) early Monday morning, police have confirmed.
Đinh Xuân Nghĩ, head of the city's police, said the accident occurred at 3:40am in front of a residential house at No.208 Hùng Vương Street, Thanh Hà District.
The two were travelling on one motorbike when the accident happened.
The victims have been identified as Denver Christopher Marcus (born in 1997) and Thompson Peth May (born in 1998), both UK nationals, who were staying at a hotel on Cửa Đại Street.
Nghĩ said their motorbike crashed into a power pole on the side of the road while they were driving from Hội An City to Điện Bàn Commune (also in Quảng Nam Province).
Whether the two were driving under influence would need forensic appraisal, but this procedure would require the input from the UK embassy, according to the city's police chief.
The case has been transferred to the province-level police to carry out further investigations.
Quảng Nam Province's Department of Foreign Affairs were contacting the UK embassy for related issues, he noted.
The bodies of the two victims are being kept at Quảng Nam Province General Hospital — VNS
- Harry Dunn's mother begs Boris Johnson to make justice for her son's death his 'top priority' when US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo visits UK tomorrow - almost one year after he was killed in crash with diplomat's wife Anne Sacoolas
- The new beach wars! Spanish police remove sunloungers and fine people trying to reserve a spot amid limited space due to coronavirus - as Magaluf 'considers closing notorious party strip' to keep out British louts
- Devastated father pays tribute to 'compassionate and caring' British victim of Stockholm terror attack who died alongside Belgian and two Swedes including girl, 11, as truck driver suspect is named by police
- One killed, another critically injured after riding motorbike in automobile lane in Saigon
- Iceland bridges were criticised months before crash killed three Britons
- Mexican woman dies in northern Vietnam road crash
- Portuguese police will search another TWENTY wells for the body of missing Madeleine McCann over fears prime suspect Christian Brueckner dumped her in disused shaft on Algarve coast
- M23 and section of M25 are closed both ways after motorcyclist is killed in horror smash
- British Airways steward was twice the drink-drive limit when he crashed into lorry killing himself and two colleagues after boozing at New Year’s Eve party
- Portuguese police 'launch hunt for Madeleine McCann's body as they search wells eight miles from Algarve resort where she vanished' after finding 'fundamental evidence' to prove Christian Brueckner IS responsible
- 'I had pin prick eyes, sweating and vomiting' Police officer tells of how he was poisoned by Russian nerve agent novichok ahead of new ITV drama
- Hitman in a 'ninja outfit' who killed tech millionaire, 33, in 'financially motivated' murder escaped out of a service exit when the victim's sister showed up - as it's revealed he was being sued by a criminal jailed for using his prank call app
Two British tourists killed in motorbike crash in Hội An: Police have 546 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.