The seminar was one of the activities to mark the 59th anniversary of Africa Day.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, IAMES's Head and VAECA's President Le Phuoc Minh affirmed that as top research units on Africa of the Government, IAMES and VAECA wanted to cooperate with domestic and international organizations to annually hold Africa Day, considering it an important event to congratulate the African friends on the day as well as to strengthen mutual understanding and relationship between Vietnam and African countries.
According to reports at the seminar, over the past 20 years, Vietnam has sent more than 2,000 agriculture experts to help African countries in growing rice and corn and raising fish under tripartite cooperation forms, such as the Food and Agriculture Organization – Africa – Vietnam, International Fund for Agricultural Development – Africa – Vietnam, and Japan International Cooperation Agency– Africa – Vietnam, among others.
These cooperation programs have obtained certain results, contributing significantly to increasing the productivity of rice and fish farming in several African countries.
During the seminar, participants discussed measures to strengthen tripartite cooperation, analyzed cooperation needs and prospects, and agreed on solutions to ensure food security and nutrition for all people in Africa.
The seminar aimed to strengthen understanding and promote the effective cooperation between Vietnam and African countries, thus ensuring food security and nutrition for all African people and developing a sustainable and prosperous Africa.
The event was also a venue for agencies and businesses of Vietnam, African countries, French-speaking countries, and international community to share experience and methods for agricultural development to ensure food security and nutrition for people.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Food security plan to increase govt's fiscal stress: Bimal Jalan
- As space gets more crowded, US seeks to ensure a safe environment
- No-deal Brexit: pause competition law to avoid food shortages, say manufacturers
- Who should feed the world: real people or faceless multinationals?
- Vietnam seeks to boost cooperation with international NGOs
- University College Dublin Proposes New Partnership Model for Agri-Food Sustainability at Food 2030 Conference in Bulgaria
- UK hunger survey to measure food insecurity
- Poorest UK families struggle to put food on the table, survey finds
- Is Organic Food the Answer?
- Data security on premises and off
- Consent is not enough: GDPR data security requirements (Part 1)
- Food banks risk being 'captured' by corporate PR drive, say activists
Seminar seeks measures to ensure food security and nutrition for people have 376 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.