Team captain Do Hung Dung was the home team's hero for scoring the match's only goal in the 70th minute.
The victory helped Vietnam overcome their Myanmar rivals to top Group A with seven points after three games.
Meanwhile, Myanmar moved down to the third spot behind Indonesia, who defeated the Philippines 4-0 earlier the same day.
Both teams have six points and will face in the next match at Phu Tho's Viet Tri Stadium on May 15, while Vietnam will play the bottom-placed Timor Leste in their last fixture in the group stage.
SEA Games 31, themed "For a Stronger South East Asia," is being held in the capital and 11 neighbouring provinces and cities until May 23.
Featuring 40 sports with 523 events, it is expected to attract around 10,000 participants. The biennial event was initially slated for late 2021 but delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cedar Rapids Jefferson earns first win of the football season in 21-19 upset of Waterloo West
- Orange looks ready to win another CIF football title as it tops Canyon
- Prediction time! 2 huge NVL football games highlight schedule … who wins?
- Penn State gets caught in Spartan time warp and now must figure out how to win old-school football
- Game at Maryland to open Delaware men's basketball schedule
- Wilson runs for 210 yards as Palos Verdes wins Bay League football title
- Game of the Week: High-scoring Silverton football vs. Lebanon
- Moeller wins GCL-South football title in first season under Rosfeld
- Green Bay packers vs San Francisco 49ers live stream, TV Channel, live score updates: who’s winning Monday Night Football tonight?
- Can anyone stop Juventus winning the Champions League?
- Friday’s football roundup: Oxford Hills surprises Bonny Eagle
- UCLA football mailbag: What has to happen for the Bruins to become playoff contenders?
SEA Games 31: Vietnam top Group A after 1-0 win over Myanmar in men’s football have 292 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.