|Pham Tien San won the first gold medal in Duathlon for Vietnam at SEA Games 31. (Photo: VNA)|
Quang Ninh – Athlete Pham Tien San won the first gold medal in Duathlon for Vietnam at the 31st SEA Games on May 15 on Tuan Chau beach in the northern province of Quang Ninh.
San finished first in the competition with a time of 1:55:58. Ferbriade Rudi and Johan Jauhari, both of Indonesia, secured the silver and bronze medals a time of 1:56:12 and 1:57: 36, respectively.
31-year-old San had won three silver medals at SEA Games held in 2013, 2015 and 2017.
Thirteen male athletes from seven regional countries took part in the event.
The Duathlon event at SEA Games 31 has two sets of medals for men’s and women’s individual events. Athletes compete in a 10km run, 40km cycling and 5km run.
SEA Games 31, themed "For a Stronger South East Asia", is being held in the capital and 11 neighbouring provinces and cities until May 23.
It features 40 sports with 523 events, drawing around 10,000 participants. The biennial event was initially slated for late 2021 but delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- SEA Games 29: Vietnam bags more medals in athletics, shooting
- SEA Games 29: Vietnam bags more medals in wushu, archery
- Vietnam wraps up SEA Games 2017 with 58 gold medals
- Vietnam bags gold medal at Asian Informatics competition
- SEA Games 29: Vietnam bags 7th gold with fencing
- SEA Games 29: Vietnam wins more medals in gymnastics
- SEA Games 29: one more gold medal in pencak silat
- SEA Games 29: Vietnam wins more medals in shooting, cycling, tennis
- Vietnam bags Gold Medal from Int’l Math Olympiad
- SEA Games 29: Vietnam wins gold in gymnastics
- Sea Games 29: Vietnam wins gold in Taekwondo
- Vietnam bags gold medal at regional chess champs
SEA Games 31: Vietnam bags first gold medal in Duathlon have 272 words, post on vir.com.vn at May 15, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.