Samsung Vietnam on Saturday officially completed the construction of the civil work for the new Samsung Research and Development Centre in Ha Noi's Tay Ho urban area.
To show the determination to ensure safety and complete the work on schedule, a safety oath ceremony was held.
Starting in March 2020, the construction has completed 70 per cent of the workload, thereby ensuring its schedule so that the new centre can be completed by the end of this year as committed to the Viet Nam Government.
In October 2020, the foundation construction was completed. In April 2021, the work completed 30 per cent of the plan and started construction of the floating structure. By September 2021, 50 per cent of the work has been completed.
Last year, despite the complicated situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, Samsung Vietnam ensured strict compliance with pandemic prevention regulations and safety for the employees participating in construction every day, about 1,300 people. During the construction process, there have not been any labour accidents.
The R&D Centre has an investment of about US$220 million, designed with 16 floors and 3 basements with a total construction area of 11,603sq.m and a gross floor area of 79,511sq.m.
Through the construction of a modern Research and Development Centre, Samsung hopes that the research capacity of Vietnamese engineers will be enhanced, not only in the field of product development but also in the fields of AI, IoT, Big Data, 5G network, creating a premise for Viet Nam to be ahead of the pack with the changes of the industrial revolution 4.0.
In addition to modern facilities and equipment for research, the new centre also offers a creative and friendly working environment with facilities such as a gym, club room, internal canteen and rooftop garden.
Choi Joo Ho, President of Samsung Vietnam, said: "Right after Samsung’s new R&D Centre project was started, it was also the time of COVID-19 pandemic break-out with complicated developments.
“However, with the comprehensive support of the Government and Ha Noi capital, the completion of the civil work went on as planned.
“The new centre is not only a testament to Samsung’s long-term investment commitment in Viet Nam, but also shows Samsung’s will in the determination to bring Viet Nam beyond the role as a basement of Samsung’s largest global manufacturing facility to become the leading and largest-scale strategic base of Southeast Asia.
“We will do our best to ensure the construction is safe and there are no accidents for the entire duration of the work.” — VNS
- Water drainage system becomes useless after completing construction
- Samsung builds 220 million USD R&D centre in Vietnam
- Samsung builds US$220 million R&D centre in Vietnam
- Samsung’s R&D plans in Vietnam proceed at full tilt
- Samsung starts construction of new R&D centre in Vietnam
- Samsung starts construction of new R&D centre in Việt Nam
- Samsung starts building $220 million R&D centre in Vietnam
- Samsung starts construction of new R&D centre in Viet Nam
- Bulgaria and Vietnam mark 70 years of close co-operation
- Wanderlust offers 17 suggestions on best things to do in Vietnam
- Samsung to invest US$220 million in new R&D center in Vietnam
- Samsung starts building $220 million R&D center in Vietnam
Samsung Vietnam completes construction of new R&D Centre have 553 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.