Ho Chi Minh City (VNA) – Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City's People's Committee Phan Van Mai has promised to boost the relationship between Vietnam and Cuba at a reception on May 19 for Orlando Nicolas Hernandez Guillen, the new Cuban Ambassador to Vietnam.
HCM City will offer 30-50 scholarships for Cuba students to visit and learn in the city each year as well as support the exchange of students between the two sides, the city official said.
Mai suggested that the Cuban Ambassador pay attention to specific collaboration projects with the city in the fields of healthcare and teaching Spanish for the sake of cultural exchange. HCM City plans to hold several meetings this year to introduce potential cooperation areas between Cuba and the city, he said.
At present, Cuba is adopting many policies that can open up investment opportunities, he said, noting the hope that more businesses in HCM City take interest in investment in Cuba . The diplomat also invited HCM City businesses to attend the upcoming international conference held this November on the island.
Guillen affirmed that he will act as a bridge to strengthen comprehensive cooperation between Cuba and HCM City in the fields of education and healthcare./.
- Russia launches Commercial House to boost trade with Vietnam
- Is a Video Game About Cooperation, Not Sure Why That’d Be Relevant Right Now
- Amari Cooper free agency 2020 recap: Cowboys contract details, scouting report, free agent timeline, and more
- Digital transformation expected to boost export of forestry products
- Mayor Bill de Blasio 'war time actions are necessary' to fight coronavirus to save lives and says New York City schools could be shut for the rest of the school year
- New York City is considering a 'shelter in place' order and Bill de Blasio says economic fallout could be on par with the Great Depression with the city poised to lose $3.2BILLION in tax revenue in the next six months
- It's thirsty work living through a global crisis! New York bartenders keep the city's drinkers supplied with cocktails to go
- Liberty University sparks outrage as it welcomes back more than ONE THOUSAND students to their dorm rooms following spring break - as doctors warn 'people will die' if the college refuses to close amid coronavirus outbreak
- How hotels are scrambling to fill rooms during the coronavirus crisis
- 182 rooms in three Aerocity hotels to offered as paid quarantine
- Congress should immediately give $100 billion to cities and states to fight coronavirus
- Good night’s sleep, home workouts, less fat intake and positivity boost immunity
Room remains for boosting HCM City-Cuba cooperation have 423 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.