HCM City (VNA) – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc visited Hue Nghiem and Minh Dao pagodas in Ho Chi Minh City on May 14 on the occasion of Lord Buddha's 2 ,566th birthday, extending his greetings to local Buddhist dignitaries and followers.
President Phuc affirmed that since Buddhism was introduced into Vietnam, Lord Buddha’s birthday has become a sacred holiday for Buddhists nationwide, and also a common spiritual and cultural festival of the society, bringing a message of love, solidarity, harmony and development.
The consistent policy of the Party and State regarding religions is to respect and ensure people’s right to freedom of belief and religion, and create favourable conditions for dignitaries and followers of religions to well perform their spiritual practice and fulfill their duties to the nation, he affirmed.
The State leader also expressed his hope that the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha (VBS) will continue to demonstrate its role and prestige in building the great national unity and the solidarity among religions; promote the power of religions, beliefs and culture; and affirm and spread the preeminent values of a peaceful religion, thus contributing to further developing the country.
Most Venerable Thich Tri Quang, Acting Supreme Patriarch of the Patronage Council of the VBS and head of Hue Minh pagoda, and Most Venerable Thich Thien Nhon, Chairman the VBS’s Executive Council and head of Minh Dao pagoda, expressed their gratitude for the attention paid by the State leader and all-level authorities. They said they hope the President will continue caring for and creating favorable conditions for the Buddhist community in Buddhist activities and joining hands in building a more prosperous Vietnam.
Also on May 14, President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Do Van Chien visited the office of the VBS at Quang Duc Zen Monastery in District 3 and the Vietnam Pure Land Buddhist Association at Hung Minh Tu pagoda in District 6 of Ho Chi Minh City./.
- Video: Men Arrested for Destroying Third-Century, Life-Sized Buddha Statue in Pakistan
- Mexican president sticks to no-war approach and refuses to use force on drug cartels despite fighters showcasing their weapons in viral videos as murders hit new high of 17,439 for the first half of 2020
- Cultural genocide? What China is doing in Tibet today
- Remembering Kalam: 'When a problem arises, become the captain of the problem and defeat it!'
- LK Advani, Mohan Bhagwat among invitees to Ram temple bhoomi pujan: Trustees
- Meek Mill calls Kanye West a liar after bipolar rapper tweets he's be 'trying to get divorced' from Kim Kardashian since she met with Mill at an LA hotel to discuss prison reform
- 'The marriage is over!' Kanye West and Kim Kardashian 'have been considering a divorce FOR WEEKS' prior to the rapper's Twitter meltdown amid fears for his mental health
- 'Ya man is bugged out!' 50 Cent throws his support behind Kim Kardashian for being 'cool' about husband Kanye West's sensational cheating and divorce claims
- Leadership Greater Chicago Announces 2021 Class of LGC Fell
- Kanye West says he has been trying to DIVORCE Kim since she met rapper Meek Mill in a hotel room, calls her a white supremacist and dubs his mother in law 'Kris Jong Un' in another late night Twitter meltdown amid grave concerns for his mental health
- Kanye loads up on children's clothes from Walmart and visits the bank with friend Damon Dash who denies the rapper is 'crazy' and slams Kim after she blamed his erratic behavior on 'bi-polar disorder'
President, VFF leader congratulate Buddhists on Lord Buddha’s birthday have 577 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.