He made the request during a working meeting visit with the Permanent Delegation of Vietnam to the United Nations (U.N.) as part of his trip to the U.S.
These above-mentioned issues require a global approach, calling for the cooperation of countries and multilateralism, of which the most important mechanism is the U.N., the PM said.
At the same time, the mission should strictly follow the foreign policy of independence, for peace, friendship, cooperation and development, multilateralization and diversification of external relations.
According to the PM, it is essential to have deep knowledge on the role of the U.N. and the role of Vietnam in the U.N.. He asked the delegation to continue to further review the country's experience during the two tenures serving as a non-permanent member in the U.N. Security Council.
He also required the mission to pay more attention to strategic research in order to timely make policy recommendations to the Party and State when there are new developments in the world situation.
The government leader asked the delegation to take care of the Vietnamese community, especially intellectuals and students, to enable them to contribute more to the country and the practical and effective relations between Vietnam and U.S.
At the meeting, Dang Hoang Giang, head of the Delegation of Vietnam to the U.N., briefed the Government leader on the mission’s work and highlighted outstanding achievements in the Vietnam – U.N. relations over the past 45 years since the country joined the world’s largest international organisation.
- PM meets Commander of Italian Carabinieri
- PM: Vietnam creates more opportunities for European investors
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal meets top officials of Vietnam government in Hanoi
- Vietnam’s Party Central Committee concludes 7th plenary meeting
- Indo-Russian ties enjoy 'special privileged strategic partnership': PM tells Putin
- PM Modi holds 'intense' talks with Putin in Sochi over bilateral, global issues to cement strategic ties
- Uganda: Museveni Meets Ramaphosa's Son Who in Uganda to Pay Dowry
- PM, Opp leader meeting ends without any consensus for caretaker PM
- Nepal not to allow its territory to be used against India: PM Oli
- Ahead of planning meeting in Singapore, Trump suggests N. Korea summit could fall through
- PM Oli raises long-standing issues of inundation, trade deficit and demonetized IC notes
- Satisfied after meeting PM Modi, counterpart Oli assures Nepal would not allow its territory to be used against India
PM meets Permanent Delegation of Vietnam to the U.N. have 393 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.