HÀ NỘI — State leaders have congratulated the Vietnamese women’s football team on winning the gold medal on May 21.
President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc praised Huỳnh Như and her teammates for their successful competition, which brought endless joy to fans throughout the country. President Phúc also praised coach Mai Đức Chung, the coaching staff, and the players for their accomplishments.
He thanked the sports fans for bringing the love of sport and national pride together at Cẩm Phả Stadium and across the nation, creating spiritual strength for the “female warriors” to go through each match, especially the final, to bring glory to the country, and pride for Vietnamese women’s football.
Shortly after the final match, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính sent a letter of congratulations to the Vietnamese women’s soccer team.
PM Chính expressed his delight that the players successfully defended their top place at the SEA Games for the seventh time.
“With courage, determination, and intelligence, the women’s football team once again shone and contributed an outstanding gold medal to the 391 SEA Games medals of the Việt Nam delegation,” he wrote.
PM Chính congratulated the women’s football team on their victory and emphasised that it would inspire the Vietnamese sports delegation to be more determined and succeed in upcoming competitions.
After the final match, the players also received congratulations from National Assembly Chairman Vương Đình Huệ through the President of Việt Nam Football Federation (VFF) Trần Quốc Tuấn.
According to Tuấn, the VFF decided to award VNĐ2 billion (US$86,000) to the Vietnamese women’s team following their final match. He stated that it was a miracle accomplished by Vietnamese players under the intelligent direction of head coach Mai Đức Chung.
In addition, Quảng Ninh Province also awarded the players VNĐ1 billion, Tuần Châu Group and Thanh Niên Newspaper awarded VNĐ1 billion, TTP Coal Corporation gave them VNĐ500 million in rewards, and the SEA Games Organising Committee offered a bonus of VNĐ100 million for their efforts.
Notably, FE Credit Company also decided to award VNĐ3 billion to the team.
The total reward for the Vietnamese women’s football team for the final night has reached VNĐ7.6 billion ($328,000). — VNS
- When is UEFA Women’s Euro 2022? Dates, England fixtures, groups, tickets and how to watch on TV
- Former Netherlands footballer Vera Pauw reveals sexual abuse
- Major crisis facing Russian football clubs after Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine
- Andhra Premier League 2022: Schedule, Results, Points Table, Teams, Dates, Timings & Live Streaming Info
- All You Need to Know about the FIH Women’s Hockey World Cup
- PM Modi lauds Mithali in tribute to the star batter
- Aunt of murdered Zara Aleena calls on political leaders to make the streets safe for women
- KCR Insulted the Institution, Says Smriti Irani as Telangana CM Hosts Yashwant Sinha on Day of PM's Visit
- 100 Women: 'Mo Salah is so important to Muslim children like mine'
- After Prophet row, PM meets UAE President, both underline ties
- Mohamed Salah: Why new Liverpool deal goes beyond football
- Football Ferns' options grow as they chase much-needed win against Wales
PM congratulates Vietnamese women's football team have 533 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.