Under the plan, Ninh Thuan will strive to triple per capita income by 2030 compared to 2020 and reduce the multidimensional household poverty rate in rural areas by at least 1.5 percent per year, and the ratio of agricultural labourers to total workforce to under 20 percent.
The proportion of trained agricultural labourers is set to reach 80 percent by 2030.
Ninh Thuan aims to have at least five districts recognised as new-style rural areas by 2030, with at least two of them meeting all criteria of advanced new-style rural areas
The locality will focus on developing green agriculture and adapting to climate change, and working to raise its forest coverage rate to 49 percent.
By 2050, Ninh Thuan will become a hub of high-tech agriculture associated with modern and environmentally friendly farm produce.
According to Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Le Huyen, the plan aims to develop a sustainable agricultural and rural economy in order to create optimal added value associated with the development of trade, services, tourism and agriculture, thus promoting the strong, competitive and sustainable development of the rural economy.
To fulfill these goals, local authorities have focused on reshuffling the agricultural production structure based on competitive advantages and market requirements; diversifying agricultural products; developing large-scale concentrated commodity production areas; and accelerating the digitization of farms.
The locality has also strengthened the application of digital technology in product management and trade activities in order to widely promote the trademark of OCOP (One Commune One Product) products for export.
Attention has been also paid to mobilising resources for agricultural and rural economic development movements and programmes, contributing to improving the living standards of local residents, and promoting socio-economic development, especially in rural, mountainous and ethnic minority areas.
By the end of 2021, Ninh Thuan had 29 communes that met the criteria of new style rural areas, with six of them awarded the title of advanced new-style rural communes. Ninh Phuoc and Ninh Hai were recognised as new-style rural districts./.
- Sweeney named to lead rural development; De Jong, Farm Service Agency
- City of Grayling Northern Market Project Awarded MDARD Food and Agriculture Investment Fund Grant
- The global agriculture inoculants Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% during the forecast period 2018-2023
- Nissan celebrates 13 years of building sustainable communities with Habitat for Humanity
- This Colorado university offers MBA tailored for outdoor enthusiasts looking to climb the corporate ladder
- City seeks Southeast business owners to help improve area’s look
- Unleashing the great potential of Africa's youth to achieve sustainable development
- Democrats Can Win Rural Voters by Taking on Big Agriculture
- Wastewater treatment is a problem in the rural South. Who is working to fix it?
- Democrats Are Not Speaking Loudly Enough to Be Heard in Rural America
- Building resilient rural livelihoods is key to helping Yemen
- With pineapple and sugar production gone, Hawaii weighs its agricultural future
Ninh Thuan looks forward to sustainable agricultural-rural development have 510 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.