Mr. Phan Van Mai speaks at the meeting (PHoto: SGGP)
At the first meeting of the Council of Rectors of Universities in the southern metropolis in 2022 at the University of Education yesterday, the council announced the decision to consolidate its personnel and proposed several new activities.
The Council of Rectors in universities in HCMC was approved including Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Phan Van Mai who was voted to be Chairman while Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Duong Anh Duc was voted to be permanent Vice Chairman of the Council. Other vice chairmen of the Council include Director of Ho Chi Minh City Department of Education and Training Nguyen Van Hieu and Secretary of the Party Committee of HCMC Universities and Colleges Nguyen Thi Minh Hong.
Members of the Council of Rectors of Universities in Ho Chi Minh City include 51 higher education institutions. The Rector’s Council consists of six councils according to pedagogical majors, health, culture – art – tourism – society and humanities, technology, economy, and legal politics.
The Council is responsible for helping the municipal People’s Committee direct and implement a number of content on improving the quality of higher education in the area, and providing high-quality human resources.
In particular, above all, the council will focus on building a contingent of scientific and technical staff, industry and field managers in the direction of developing Ho Chi Minh City into a center of industry, service, finance, banking, science and education and city dwellers can gradually participate in the regional and international high-tech labor market.
Along with that, the regulations on the organization and operation of the Rector’s Council also have some adjustments to the structure and additional members of the Rector’s Council are directors and deputy directors of departments such as Science and Technology, and Home Affairs, Finance, Health, Industry, Trade, Culture, Sports, and Tourism.
In 2022, the Rector’s Council will focus on key tasks such as developing and implementing 8 component projects of the master plan as well as carrying out the project 'Building Ho Chi Minh City – A high-quality human resource training center of the country'.
By Thanh Hung – Translated by Dan Thuy
- HCMC assigns Thu Duc City to collect more than VND8.3 trillion of budget revenue
- Nguyen Van Dung elected as Vice Chairman of HCMC People's Council
- Technology effectively implemented for national election tasks in HCMC
- HCMC speeds up organization of urban administration
- HCMC sees economic recovery in first three months
- HCMC cancels Reunification Day firework shows to prevent virus spreading
- Ten solutions to improve efficiency of investment environment in HCMC
- Democrats see Georgia as opening salvo in war on voting rights
- Tran Hoang Quan appointed as Director of HCMC Department of Construction
- HCMC honors contribution of overseas Vietnamese
- HCMC implements IT for national election tasks
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden to talk infrastructure amid border, voting controversies
HCMC Chairman Mai voted Chairman of Universities Council of Rectors have 473 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.