The festival is organized by the Hanoi municipal Investment, Trade, and Tourism Promotion Center, as part of the activities in response to Vietnam's hosting of SEA Games 31. The event aims to popularize Hanoi capital as a safe, friendly, quality, and attractive destination and values of Vietnam's cuisine and handicraft villages to both domestic and international visitors.
Through varied activities, the festival is expected the help tourists learn more about Hanoi's handicraft villages, including Bat Trang Ceramic Village, Van Phuc Silk Village, Phu Vinh Bamboo and Rattan Village, Quat Dong Embroidery Craft Village, and Chuon Ngo Mosaic Village, among others. Products showcased at the event have been beautifully designed and carefully made by the hands of artisans from various outstanding handicraft villages in Hanoi.
During the event, various special dishes, including Thanh Tri steamed rice rolls, Uoc Le pork paste, bun cha (rice noodles with grilled pork), spring rolls, steamed chicken in lotus leaf, Vietnamese tea, and Hue styled beef noodle soup will be introduced to festival goers. Apart from tasting special dishes, tourists will have an opportunity to chat, enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of SEA Games 31, and admire the beauty of Hanoi at night.
As reported, various tourism products of other localities across the country are also introduced at the event.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Deputy Director of the Hanoi municipal Investment, Trade, and Tourism Promotion Center Nguyen Thi Mai Anh said that the festival is to popularize tourism destinations, cultural and culinary values, and outstanding handicraft products of Hanoi to both domestic and foreign tourists.
The event's outcomes will contribute to honoring the beauty of traditional culture and history; popularizing Hanoi's achievements, potentials, and strengths to international friends who are in Vietnam to participate in SEA Games 31 events; raising the position of Vietnam's cuisine and traditional handicraft villages; preserving and developing values of tangible and intangible cultural heritages.
The festival lasts until May 23.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- The 7th Annual Dunhuang Silk Road International Tourism Festival kicks off
- Vietnam craft villages need to be revamped in a professional way to attract tourists
- Int`l artists to join Cultural Tourism Festival in Hai Duong
- TAT to stage Thailand Tourism Festival 2017 and celebrate Chinese New Year
- Parade of 1,000 dancers kicks off Dong Hoi tourism festival
- Phu Yen Culture-Tourism Week kicks off
- Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival kick starts a month of gourmet delights
- 2016 Sundance Dispatch 1: Festival kicks off with crowdpleasers, women's stories and inventive challengers...
- Bat Trang officially recognized as Hanoi`s tourism destination
- Hanoi prepares for Japanese Cultural Exchange Festival 2018
- 1,000 tons of safe fruit on offer at Southern Fruit Festival
- Hanoi tourism industry encourages foreigners to consume Vietnamese products
Hanoi Cuisine and Craft Village Tourism Festival kicked off have 445 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.