Jointly organized by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Accounting and Auditing Supervisory Department (AASD) under the Ministry of Finance, the event gathered over 600 delegates from agencies, units, listed businesses, auditing companies and universities.
The second event of its kind is within the framework of the technical cooperation project between AASD and JICA on "strengthening the capacity of the AASD to promote the application of financial reporting standards in Vietnam" funded by the Japanese government.
The forum is expected to help agencies of the Government, private sectors and training institutions in Vietnam understand the differences between Vietnamese accounting standards (VAS) and IFRS; as well as promote the exchange of views on the road-map for applying IFRS.
Kobayashi Masaya, a representative of JICA in Vietnam, expressed hope that the policy discussions will be promoted to find the best approach for the application of IFRS in accordance with Vietnam's sustainable economic development.
Tran Thuy Ngoc, Deputy General Director of Deloitte Vietnam Co., Ltd, said the forum opened an opportunity for the parties to discuss and solve problems in the process of applying IFRS in Vietnam.
According to a survey by Deloitte and the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HOSE) at the end of 2021, the readiness of enterprises to apply IFRS increased significantly compared to 2020, ranging from 3.5 to 3.6, exceeding the average level of 2.5, Ngoc said.
Vu Duc Chinh, Director of AASD, highly valued Deloitte in Japan and Vietnam for making plans and proposing measures to implement necessary activities, expressing his belief that solutions to obstacles in applying IFRS in Vietnam will be found at the forum.
He hoped consulting units will introduce valuable recommendations on the scope and road-map in accordance with Vietnam's conditions in the coming time to ensure efficiency and feasibility in this work.
- Bosses want the Financial Reporting Council to focus on company audits
- Azerbaijan to join International Forum of Maqom Art [VIDEO]
- British companies need a 'genuine culture change' to get rid of alpha males and promote women, say ministers
- Vietnam to top Asia auto sales amid fall of biggest markets
- La Francophonie Economic Forum is arena for diversifying external commercial relations, says foreign ministry
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionAsan İmza and Digital Trade Hub of Azerbaijan were represented at the eID Forum in Estonia
- Small business lender hits out at ‘unfair’ application process for £775m fund
- Armenia will promote economic component of OIF during 2 years of its presidency over the organization
- Justin Barnes & sleeve sponsors: what we learned from Newcastle Fans Forum
- 8th European Financial Congress already behind us
- Damning watchdog report on Derriford Hospital after inspection
- Lenovo launches two new models of ThinkPad and promotes it with Aston Martin engineers
Forum promotes application of int’l financial reporting standards in Vietnam have 447 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.