QUẢNG NINH — The Philippines got off to a good start to the men’s beach volleyball qualifying round on Tuần Châu Island, Quảng Ninh Province beating Singapore 2-0 on the first day of the event.
The two teams (number 1 and 2) of the Philippines both got a 2-0 win over Singapore to grab the overall win in the curtain-raiser of the men's division.
Thailand had to edge out Malaysia 2-1 in the conclusive third match to ink their first win in the qualifying round.
In the first match, Thailand lost to Malaysia 2-1, but they then tied the score with a 2-0 win in the second match. In the third match, Thailand took a 2-1 win over Malaysia to draw first blood.
The hosts Việt Nam had a poor start in the first match against Cambodia, when the first team of Việt Nam lost 2-0. In the second match, the second team of Việt Nam pulled the score back with a 2-0 win. In the decisive third match, Việt Nam tried their best and edged out a 2-1 victory.
In the women's qualifiying round on May 15, Singapore won two matches in the face-off with the Philippines with the same score 2-0.
Thailand also cruised to two wins over Indonesia with the same score 2-0 in two matches.
Việt Nam also eased passed Malaysia in two matches, winning 2-0 in each.
The beach volleyball has drawn 16 men's and 12 women's team competing on May 15-20.
- Top-seeded teams come out on top at Hermosa Beach Open – LA Times
- Football players to give it a rest, in a good way
- London showcases one jolly good show
- Former Dodgers prospect hits the beach
- Crabb’s talents shine at Long Beach State
- Volleyball’s Wizard of Westwood calling it quits
- Calipari dishes out stories about days at Kansas
- Olympic host city under scrutiny amid London riots
- Point man Coe silent on London riots
- Is shortened NBA season on horizon?
- The ones to watch: medal hopefuls for London
- Coe marking London Olympic countdown
First day of beach volleyball gets off to a good start have 379 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 15, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.