Welcoming the Cambodian senior officer to Vietnam to attend the fifth Vietnam-Cambodia Defense Policy Dialogue, General Chien highlighted the importance of this year's dialogue which was held ahead of the first Vietnam-Cambodia border defense friendship exchange.
The outcomes of the dialogue will be reported to Vietnamese and Cambodian defense ministers in the framework of the first bilateral border defense friendship exchange. This is also a key activity in the "Vietnam – Cambodia, Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year 2022," in celebration of the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries (June 24, 1967) as well as commemorating the 45th anniversary of Prime Minister Hun Sen's "the path to overthrow the Pol Pot genocidal regime" (June 20, 1977).
For his part, General Neang Phat thanked the Vietnamese side for their warm reception while highly appreciating Vietnam's preparation for the dialogue. He affirmed that Cambodia has always attached much importance to promoting the bilateral relations.
During the dialogue, the two sides discussed mutual concerns as well as world and regional situations. They agreed that the political and security environment in the world and region is currently facing many complicated changes with potential risks and instability, including challenges to maritime security. Therefore, the two countries need to strengthen cooperation to resolve disputes by peaceful means in accordance with international laws.
In addition, they also shared views on the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic and traditional and non-traditional security challenges, affecting regional and world peace and stability. In that context, ASEAN continues to promote its central role in promoting dialogue and cooperation among its member countries as well as external partners for regional peace and stability.
The two defense leaders also hailed the bilateral defense cooperation over the past time, affirming that the cooperation has achieved positive outcomes despite the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Regarding cooperation in the time to come, both sides agreed to promote cooperation in many fields, such as organizing activities in celebration of the "Vietnam – Cambodia, Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year 2022," promoting delegation exchange, maintaining current bilateral defense cooperation mechanisms, especially the defense policy dialogue at the deputy ministerial level, bolstering cooperation among border protection forces, among others.
On this occasion, General Chien congratulated the Cambodian Defense Ministry and Royal Cambodian Armed Forces on successfully hosting the ASEAN conferences, affirming that the Vietnamese Defense Ministry will support Cambodia to complete its ASEAN Chairmanship in 2022.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Continuously nurturing the Vietnam – Cambodia friendship
- Cambodia defense minister pays official visit to Vietnam
- Exchange program highlights Vietnam-Cambodia’s border cooperation
- An Giang to host Vietnam-Cambodia border friendship exchange
- VN-Japan dialogue spotlights local business climate for foreign investors
- Friendship and cooperation – mainstream of Vietnam-China relations
- Defense leader receives Israeli Ambassador to Vietnam
- Vietnam, Thailand hold 7th political consultation in Hanoi
- Vietnam takes on primary UN Security Council duties
- Forty years on from the fall of Saigon: witnessing the end of the Vietnam war
- Vietnam to attend Novartis regional stakeholder event in Singapore
- Chinese Defense Minister’s visit to Vietnam contributes to promoting bilateral defense cooperation
Fifth Vietnam - Cambodia Defense Policy Dialogue held have 503 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.