A farewell ceremony was held Tuesday morning at the Air Force Division 271 military airport for the second sortie of the Rotation 4 of Vietnam’s Level-2 Field Hospital to UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan. VNA/VNS Photo Trọng Đức
Speaking at the event, Major General Hoàng Kim Phụng, director of the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations, expressed his hope that members of the detachment would successfully complete the tasks entrusted in them by the Party, State, Army and the people.
He urged the group to well perform the role of “ambassador” of peace and friendship, contributing to raising the prestige and international position of the country and the Vietnam People’s Army globally.
Australia again provided the transportation for the Vietnamese officers to the mission with the Royal Navy’s Boeing C-17 Globemaster III.
The hospital was launched in November 2021 with 63 official members, including 12 female soldiers.
It was deployed to replace the Rotation 3 of Vietnam's Level-2 Field Hospital in South Sudan.
The hospital will focus on applying science and technology in medical examination and treatment, thereby learning from experience to work on research scientific work, and continue preventing and controlling diseases in the harsh environment.
Vietnam's Engineering Unit Rotation 1 (the country's first engineering unit to be deployed) and Level-2 Field Hospital Rotation 4 departed UN peacekeeping missions in Abyei and South Sudan on April 27, 2022.
- Part 1: Inside mission impossible
- South Africa: Abortion in South Africa
- Zimbabwe: Miner Builds Lithium Plant in Kwekwe
- Kenya: Group Vows to Stop Sh200 Billion Lamu Coal Plant
- Kenya: Shock After City Mum Is Thrown Out of Restaurant for Breastfeeding Baby
- Zimbabwe: 'Sexist' Chamisa Under Fire Again
- Zimbabwe: Stop Child Marriages, Says First Lady
- Sudan Summons CAR Envoy Over Bangui Attack
- Kenya: Coast Leaders Set to Form Own Party for Next Election
- Kenya to Launch Its First Locally Made Satellite Into Space
- Nigeria: How We're Assisting Vvf Patients
Field hospital team leaves for UN peacekeeping mission have 350 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.