Cambodian Ambassador to Vietnam Chay Navut affirmed so when answering the military press' questions ahead of the upcoming first Vietnam-Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange.
Vietnam and Cambodia are two close neighbors, having a long-standing traditional friendship. 2022 marks a turning point in the Vietnam-Cambodia relations when the two countries are celebrating the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations (June 24, 1967-2022). Ambassador Chay Navuth expressed his satisfaction at the comprehensive, close-knit, increasingly effective and substantive development of the Vietnam-Cambodia ties over the past 55 years. That good relationship has continuously developed in all aspects, including defense cooperation. “Many officers of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces trained in Vietnam have returned to Cambodia after their graduation to make great contribution to Cambodia’s defense posture,” he said.
Human resource training is just one among many areas of effective and practical cooperation between the Vietnam People’s Army and the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces. Ambassador Chay Navuth said that when the COVID-19 pandemic was raging in the world, the Vietnamese and Cambodian militaries actively coordinated to prevent the disease from spreading across the border. In addition, Vietnamese military doctors came to provide medical checkups and free medicines to Cambodian people in the border area. In addition, the militaries of the two countries also cooperated closely in preventing and combating cross-border crimes, defeating plots to sabotage and split the Vietnam-Cambodia relationship. “In general, the cooperation between the Vietnam People’s Army and the Royal Cambodian Armed has contributed to further tightening the relationship between the two countries,” he emphasized.
In terms of the first Vietnam-Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange, Ambassador Chay Navuth said that the event will be held in a special year when Vietnam and Cambodia mark the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations, the 45th anniversary of Cambodian Prime Minister (PM) Hun Sen's journey leading to the fall of the Pol Pot genocidal regime" (June 20, 1977-2022) and the the Vietnam-Cambodia and Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year in 2022. Relevant agencies of the two countries have collaborated well to prepare for the event, he added.
With various meaningful events to be held in the exchange, Ambassador Chay Navuth believed that the first Vietnam-Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange will lift the Vietnam-Cambodia defense cooperation to a new height. The border defense friendship exchange will contribute to boosting cooperation activities between the two countries and among the localities, maintaining peace, social order and safety in the shared border areas.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Vietnamese, Cambodian PMs say bilateral relationship is cohesive, durable and inseparable
- German Politicians Call Trump's Ambassador a 'Brat' and 'Total Diplomatic Failure,' Demand Immediate Expulsion
- U-D Jesuit defeats Detroit Cass Tech in Operation Friendship
- Friday's preps: U-D Jesuit defeats Detroit Cass Tech in Operation Friendship
- Schumer: Defense of Israel requires bipartisan effort
- Full Viet Nam-Cambodia Joint Statement
- Xi Jinping Sends Congratulatory Message to the 30th Arab League (AL) Summit
- How Cambodia's backpacker haven became a Chinese casino mecca
- VN, Cambodia review border work, sign new border treaty
- White House subpoenaed in impeachment probe
- Pope Francis meets with President Nelson in the Vatican
- ‘They Created an Underground’: Inside the Chaotic Early Days of Trump’s Foreign Policy
Defense cooperation contributes to traditional friendship: Cambodian Ambassador have 519 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.