Hanoi (VNA) – With over 2,000 journalists, including 400-500 foreign correspondents, registering to cover the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31), communication work has brought information about the event to both domestic and international sport fans in real time and spread positive messages about the regional sporting event.
That was the assessment of Le Thi Hoang Yen, deputy head of SEA Games 31's sub-committee for information and communications at the third international press conference of SEA Games 31 held on May 21.
Yen, who is also Deputy General Director of the Vietnam Sports Administration, said the organising committee has created the best possible conditions for journalists to send their work back home. The committee also provides transport means for foreign correspondents to travel to competition venues outside Hanoi.
Information on competition schedules, venues has been updated timely, and local authorities have also done well in promoting the sport events, attracting many local residents to watch competitions and cheer on athletes.
Yen reported that all participating teams were pleased with the organisational work and the warm support of Vietnamese people.
During the time the SEA Games 31 is rolling out, many cultural and tourism activities have been held to promote Vietnam to foreign guests.
At the press conference, the organising committee also informed the media about the closing ceremony, to take place on May 23 at the Indoor Athletics Palace in Hanoi, during which the SEA Games flag will be handed over to Cambodia, the host of the next SEA Games./.
- 20 athletes break new ground to represent Singapore in e-sports at SEA Games 2019
- Hanoi’s SEA Games heroes honoured
- Kwiatkowski to become Vietnamese citizen for SEA Games
- This popular video game had a suffragette character
- Amber Heard works under-the-sea theme for Aquaman premiere
- The Best PC Games
- 'Bude Heroes' — a celebration of the town's community
- Subnautica review: a dangerous mission deep under the sea
- Google Yeti Games Console: Big News for Sony PS5 and Microsoft Xbox Scarlett rival
- Could It Soon Be Game Over for the Fortnite Craze?
- Community in Pointe-Saint-Charles plans to repaint after popular mural vandalized
- The Game Awards 2018: What will we see at annual celebration turned game announcement hotbed?
Communication work succeeds in popularizing SEA Games 31 have 379 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.