Mexico City (VNA) – A delegation of the ASEAN Committee in Mexico City (ACMC) paid a working visit to Guanajuato state , aiming to bolster trade and investment.
The delegation, comprising representatives from Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, joined working sessions with leaders of Guanajuato and Irapuato cities regarding economic development, foreign trade, tourism and education.
Governor of Guanajuato Diego Sinhue Rodríguez Vallejo and local leaders spoke highly of cooperation possibilities across all fields with ASEAN, particularly economic development, trade, investment and tourism, which are expected to help the state in particular and Mexico in general diversify export markets and attract foreign investment.
Malaysian Ambassador to Mexico Muzafar Shah Mustafar, who is rotating chair of the ACMC, underlined bilateral cooperation potential in manufacturing, information technology, investment, education, tourism and logistics, affirming that ASEAN serves as a gateway for Mexican products to penetrate the Asian market.
Vietnamese Ambassador Nguyen Hoanh Nam said that Mexico is among important markets of ASEAN in Latin America, calling on enterprises to bolster connectivity and capitalise on advantages brought by free trade agreements , especially the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership ( CPTPP ).
Mexico and its localities' economic cooperation, trade and investment chances with ASEAN were tabled at the ASEAN-Guanajuato business forum, which saw the attendance of 100 local businesses.
Statistics by the Mexican Secretariat of Economy showed that trade between Mexico and Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam surpassed 28 billion USD in 2021./.
- China will take multi-pronged measures to keep foreign trade, investment stable
- China unveils new measures to keep foreign trade, investment stable
- Priorities for ASEAN Economic Community approved
- ASEAN ministers to fight COVID-19 together
- ASEAN, Chinese senior officials hold 24th consultation meeting
- ASEAN countries agree to conclude RCEP negotiations
- Trade, Security Issues to Dominate Vietnam’s ASEAN Tenure
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends 35th ASEAN summit
- Trade facilitation to promote ASEAN investment
- ASEAN, Japan vow to strengthen strategic partnership
- India and Vietnam to promote trade during Covid-19
- AEM Retreat to strengthen ASEAN economic resilience to Covid-19
ASEAN keen on bolstering trade, investment with Mexico have 342 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 28, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.