Apple has been reliant on Chinese manufacturing for over a decade, with analysts estimating that 90 percent of its products are made by contract manufacturers in the country. This reliance has made Apple face considerable risks in ensuring stable supply, the journal said.
In the meantime, it added, Apple factories in India have witnessed continuing strong sales.
Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries are ideal destinations for Apple to expand its supply chain. Vietnam currently houses 31 factories producing and assembling electronic parts and equipment for Apple products, such as cameras and screens.
According to Wall Street Journal, if Apple's idea becomes true, manufacturing facilities outside China, including those in Vietnam, would become large-scale production centers of the US tech giant./.
- Sony Basically Ripped Off Apple's Newest Products
- Apple reportedly doubles AirPods Pro production; AirPods free with 2020 iPhones?
- Apple Watch Review: I Beta-Tested The Watch So You Don't Have To
- Eleven things you didn't know about Apple
- Apple MacBook (2015) review
- Mac sales help Apple log strong quarter growth in India
- Retail Therapy: Inside the Apple Store
- After Facebook, now Apple's iCloud services suffer major outage
- Apple Delays AirPods
- Draw away: iPhone 11 to come with support for Apple Pencil
- No more third-party repairs: Apple to lock batteries on new iPhones
- War of Words Between Apple and Adobe Heats Up
Apple looks to bump up production in Vietnam have 209 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.