Hanoi (VNA) – The following is a brief review of the day's events as reported by the Vietnam News Agency on May 16.
– Officials and staff of Vietnamese representative agencies must keep abreast of global issues such as pandemic response, resource exhaustion, population aging and climate change in order to fulfill their tasks, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said on May 15 (US time). Read full story
– National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue and his host counterpart Saysomphone Phomvihan on May 16 held talks following an official welcome ceremony for the former. Hue is now in Laos on an official visit. Read full story
– The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines has participated in “The Sustainable Flight Challenge” (TSFC) programme, launched by SkyTeam Airline Alliance, with the first flight from Hanoi to the Republic of Korea's Seoul. The programme aims to encourage ideas for aviation sustainable development, further reduce aviation's impact on the environment and spur breakthrough ideas that can be shared across the industry. Read full story
– The Embassy of Vietnam held a seminar with Vietnamese scientists and intellectuals in the Republic of Korea (RoK) on May 15 to discuss cooperation in science and technology. Read full story
– Vietnamese citizens applying for passports without electronic chips will be able to submit their forms online and receive by post. Under a pilot scheme from May 15, they can access http://dichvucong.gov.vn or http://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn to make online declaration, pay the fee and receive their passports by post or collect them at the immigration offices, according to the Vietnam Immigration Department under the Ministry of Public Security. Read full story. /.
- Jokic leads short-handed Nuggets past Jazz 98-95
- Fox News cuts away from WH press briefing after graphic Portland rioting video shown
- Boris Johnson advertises for £100,000 spokesperson to front Downing Street's new televised press briefings
- Fact check: At his first coronavirus briefing since April, Trump repeats a handful of classic false claims
- Trump's briefings were meant to show him in charge -- now they are becoming absurd
- Gangs of armed children as young as 10 terrorize Chicago's South Side by carrying out 16 carjackings - as Trump and Mayor Lori Lightfoot clash over federal troops being sent to the city
- The week in 16 headlines
- Yes Bank Standalone June 2020 Net Interest Income (NII) at Rs 1,908.14 crore, down 16.34% Y-o-Y
- Sasken Tech Consolidated June 2020 Net Sales at Rs 113.06 crore, down 16.04% Y-o-Y
- Bank of Mah Consolidated June 2020 Net Interest Income (NII) at Rs 1,088.16 crore, up 9.14% Y-o-Y
- Did you love Windows 95? It's now a free app for MacOS, Windows, Linux
- Quess Corp Standalone June 2020 Net Sales at Rs 1,695.94 crore, up 4.95% Y-o-Y
☕ Afternoon briefing on May 16 have 445 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.