The second branch of the Ho Chi Minh City Hematology and Blood Transfusion Hospital, costing more than VND1 trillion (US$43.1 million), was officially inaugurated in Binh Chanh District on Thursday.
The facility will be the leading hematology hospital in the southern region and Vietnam in general, Dr. Bui Chi Dung, director of the Ho Chi Minh City Hematology and Blood Transfusion Hospital, said at the inauguration.
The construction of the hospital, which cost over VND1 trillion, was initiated in October 2018.
The facility covers an area of 33,825 square meters, consists of 33 departments, and has the maximum capacity of 400 beds.
The first branch of the Ho Chi Minh City Hematology and Blood Transfusion Hospital has been serving the functions of a blood bank, stem cell bank, and medical examination and treatment institutiion.
However, the examination and treatment capacity did not meet international standards due to the outdated equipment and small area, according to Dr. Dung.
The newly-built branch has modern facilities and equipment that meet higher standards, he continued.
|Patients are pictured at the second branch of the Ho Chi Minh City Hematology and Blood Transfusion Hospital in Binh Chanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, May 20, 2022. Photo: Xuan Mai / Tuoi Tre|
The infirmary is also capable of conducting almost all tests without having to send the samples to other medical institutions.
As most of the patients at the hospital are treated with cytotoxic drugs, which require them to stay in a sanitary environment with good-quality air, the patient rooms at the new branch are designed to meet such conditions.
The facility is designed to be the highest-level hematology hospital in southern Vietnam, thus it will focus on developing treatment regimens for serious cases, as well as carrying out chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation.
Patients with common and milder diseases will be sent to lower-level hospitals, Dr. Dung elaborated.
The second branch of the Ho Chi Minh City Hematology and Blood Transfusion Hospital is one of the key projects at the Tan Kien medical cluster in Binh Chanh District, according to vice-chairman of the municipal People's Committee Duong Anh Duc.
Some other major projects at this cluster, namely the Ho Chi Minh City Children's Hospital and the second branch of Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine, have already been put into operation, Duc added.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore to bolster ties in smart city building
- Sharing the love for Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City welcomes new hotel
- Sales begin for Vietjet's new route connecting Bali to Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City asks for military land to be reviewed
- Ho Chi Minh City bolsters tourism ties with Binh Thuan, Lam Dong
- Best spots for a Halloween hangout in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietjet Air launches new Ho Chi Minh City-Denpasar route
- Ho Chi Minh City strives to be a sustainable urban area
- Ho Chi Minh City metropolitan area to become Southeast Asia’s leading multi-function hub
- Ho Chi Minh City’s financial hub ambitions will hinge on these reform challenges
- Tens of thousands ‘run for people’s health’ in Ho Chi Minh City
$43mn hematology hospital inaugurated in Ho Chi Minh City have 526 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.