Vietnam exported USD 978.7 million worth of goods to Malaysia, up 49.6 percent, and imported USD 1.29 billion from the market, up 33 percent against the same period last year.
In January-March, Vietnam exported numerous high value commodities to Malaysia such as computers, electronic products and spare parts ( USD 367.2 million), and mobile phones and components (USD 112.6 million).
Other staples include iron and steel (USD 58.63 million), machines and equipment (USD 43.07 million), glass and glass products (USD 41.36 million), vehicles and spare parts (USD 35.74 million), crude oil (USD 20.03 million), rubber (USD 19.94 million), and seafood (USD 19.2 million).
The total investment of Malaysian businesses in Vietnam is estimated at more than USD 12 billion, focusing on oil and gas, real estate, trade and tourism.
At a recent reception for Malaysia's Minister of Trade and Industry Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed on the occasion of his visit to Vietnam, President Tran Dai Quang said Vietnam attaches great importance to developing relations with Malaysia, particularly in economics, trade and investment.
The President lauded the efficiency of Malaysian projects that benefit the two countries' businesses and contribute to Vietnam's socio-economic development.
Malaysia is the second biggest investor in Vietnam in ASEAN, with two-way trade hitting USD 8 billion in 2015.
The President urged the two nations to restart meetings between the joint committee on bilateral cooperation soon to plan for the implementation of the Vietnam – Malaysia Action Program in 2017-2019.
The two countries need to map out measures to realise the bilateral trade target of USD 15 billion by 2020, he added.
- Vietnam, Malaysia to expand trade in livestock products
- Vietnamese businesses to explore opportunities in Malaysia
- EVFTA to hasten movement of manufacturers to Vietnam: analysts
- Asia's Biggest MMOG: FIFA Online 2
- Dota 2 25th April Patch – Content Analysis
- 'Pokemon Go Latest News & Update: Game's India Release Date Delayed? Official Launching Moved To Mid-August?
- Everyone to the barricades
- Festival promotes consumption of Thanh Ha litchi
- Is Pokémon Go available in your country?
- Post SOPA, What Else Is Out There?
- Releasing a Commercial ASCII Roguelike, a Post-Mortem
- The Flare Path Reading Room
Vietnam, Malaysia enjoy surging trade have 333 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 22, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.