HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam confirmed a total of 15,707 new COVID-19 patients on Saturday, raising the total number to 2,126,444.
Forty-nine were imported infections and the remaining domestic. New cases were reported in 61 out of 63 provinces and cities across the country.
A total of 10,986 transmissions were detected in the community.
The capital city of Hà Nội again posted the highest number of new infections in the country, with 2,945 cases.
The other localities that reported new infections were Đà Nẵng (973), Hải Phòng (745), Hưng Yên (693), Bến Tre (555), Bình Phước (498), Quảng Ngãi (461), Thanh Hóa (443), Bắc Ninh (386), Bình Định (347), Quảng Ninh (338), Đắk Lắk (332), Hải Dương (324), Quảng Nam (319), Vĩnh Phúc (315), Khánh Hòa (305), Thái Nguyên (298), Bắc Giang (286), Thừa Thiên Huế (279), Hòa Bình (265), Nam Định (256), Lâm Đồng (242), Cà Mau (231), Nghệ An (223), Vĩnh Long (220), Hồ Chí Minh (214), Thái Bình (183), Đắk Nông (177), Phú Thọ (177), Tây Ninh (174), Trà Vinh (165), Ninh Bình (158), Quảng Trị (144), Lạng Sơn (138), Hà Nam (120), Kiên Giang (115), Lào Cai (112), Yên Bái (109), Bạc Liêu (108), Bình Thuận (103), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (99), Sơn La (98), Gia Lai (90), Hà Giang (88), Quảng Bình (72), Đồng Tháp (70), Hậu Giang (69), Tuyên Quang (66), Điện Biên (64), Đồng Nai (56), Bình Dương (52), Long An (50), An Giang (44), Cần Thơ (42), Sóc Trăng (40), Cao Bằng (40), Tiền Giang (38), Ninh Thuận (36), Lai Châu (31), Phú Yên (22) and Bắc Kạn (15)
Việt Nam has seen 135 cases of the Omicron variant so far, in Hà Nội (14), Quảng Nam (27), TP. Hồ Chí Minh (68), Hải Dương (1), Hải Phòng (1), Thanh Hóa (2), Đà Nẵng (8), Khánh Hòa (11), Long An (1) and Quảng Ninh (2).
A further 3,512 patients were declared recovered, taking the number of people given the all-clear so far to 1,800,692.
A total of 153 fatalities related to COVID-19 were announced. To date, the country has had 36,596 deaths, making up 1.7 per cent of total infections and ranking 25th out of 224 countries and territories worldwide.
Across the country, 174,965,411 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered so far. — VNS
- Watchmen Scene Confirmed To Pay Homage To Saturday Night Live Skit
- What is the Ebola virus? Symptoms, the statistics and risks as Congo confirms "six new cases"
- Warning over deadly drug-resistant fungus in New Jersey as state health officials confirm more than 140 cases of candida auris
- 2 new measles cases confirmed in Washington outbreak
- Doctor Who Season 12 Release Date Confirmed In New Trailer
- Republicans Sticking With Kavanaugh Game Plan Despite New Allegations
- Oregon’s loss paves way for new No. 1 in women’s basketball
- Another 7 American measles cases were confirmed last week - but the US will keep its 'elimination status' despite 2019 outbreak the struck over 1,200
- Eastwood measles infection sees NSW cases rise to 30
- 'Game of Thrones' Alum Maisie Williams Gives Update on 'New Mutants' Delay
- VN Football Federation confident Park Hang-seo will extend current contract
- Timeline of events in Trayvon Martin case
VN confirms 15,707 new coronavirus cases on Saturday have 541 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 22, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.