Moscow (VNA) – Vietnamese people in Russia, Israel, and Mexico marked the coming Lunar New Year (Tet) with ceremonies organised by the embassies of Vietnam on January 22.
In Moscow, representatives of the Vietnamese community in Russia took part in the "Homeland's Spring" prorgamme, held in Hanoi by the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese (OV) Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, via videoconference.
Ambassador Dang Minh Khoi expressed his delight at the country's success in the COVID-19 vaccination campaign, which has created new momentum for the country to enter a new year of hope and victory.
Trinh Van Que, Chairman of the Vietnamese People Association in Ulyanovsk city, told the Vietnam News Agency that the annual Homeland's Spring programme, specifically held for OVs to celebrate Tet, demonstrates the Party and State leaders' consistent attention to the OV community.
He attributed the achievements in the pandemic combat to the strong directions by the Party, State, and Government, as well as the people's consensus.
Also on January 22, Vietnamese people in Israel gathered to make "chung" cakes, a traditional food and also the most typical dish of Tet – the largest and most important festival in the homeland.
The event, organised by the Vietnamese Embassy, was also intended to strengthen the solidarity among the Vietnamese community in Israel .
At a Tet celebration the same day, Ambassador to Mexico Nguyen Hoanh Nam highlighted the significance of the festival along with the homeland's attainments in economic, political, and social affairs.
He affirmed the Party and State's policy of viewing the OVs as an integral part of the Vietnamese people. He also appreciated the expatriates' contributions to the COVID-19 fight in Vietnam, calling on them to uphold solidarity, assist one another, adhere to the host country's laws, and continue making dedication to the Vietnam – Mexico relations.
Thanking the Party and State for their sincere attention to OVs around the world, Chairman of the Vietnamese People Association in Mexico Nguyen Huu Dong said the Vietnamese community in the American nation always turn their hearts to the homeland, and that they will maintain their good academic and work performance and compliance with local laws so as to help promote images of the Vietnamese people in Mexico and reinforce bilateral relations./.
- Family Day celebrates Lunar New Year this weekend at San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts
- Forget Thanksgiving! Lunar New Year Sees World's Largest Annual Migration
- Chinese New Year -- 5 things to know
- The World Celebrates New Year’s Eve
- Photos: Jewish new year celebrations in Mumbai
- Khanh Hoa Leaders:Meeting and wish international tourists and overseas Vietnamese a happy New Year.
- How Chinese New Year Works
- Russian New Year’s Eve: Christmas, the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving, All Rolled Into One
- New Year's Day brings freezing temperatures and first polar plunge to Navarre Beach
- Google Doodle welcomes Chinese New Year with AI game
- Celebrate New Year's Eve at these destinations and hotels
- First supermoon of 2018 falls on New Year's Day
Vietnamese people in Russia, Israel, Mexico celebrate Lunar New Year have 540 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.