In India on Friday the Koreans dominated right from the start and took only four minutes to open the scoring through an accurate long shot by captain Ji So-Yun, who plays in England for Chelsea.
Three minutes later Choe Yuri went down the right flank and crossed it for Lee Geum-min to head in off defender Tran Thi Phuong Thao. It was counted as an own goal.
After conceding the two early goals, Vietnam played defensively and South Korea did not create any significant chance until the last 30 minutes of the game.
The Vietnamese began to tire, and South Korea increased the pressure.
In the 71st and 74th minutes goalkeeper Tran Thi Kim Thanh made two excellent saves but could not do much five minutes later when Ji So-yun scored from the penalty spot.
Defender Chuong Thi Kieu had handled the ball inside the box while trying to clear it.
South Korea kept pressing but could not score again, and the match ended 3-0.
In the other match in group C, Japan thrashed Myanmar 5-0 to go top.
Vietnam play Japan on Monday.
- Canadian Paralympic men’s hockey team on to gold medal game after win over South Korea
- Football: South Korea on 'right path' as Asian Cup looms, says coach Paulo Bento
- Football: Korean coach admits concern over Son's Asian Cup readiness
- Football: Son sparks Koreans to Asian Cup win over China
- Football: South Korea, China make last 16 as Socceroos bounce back
- Football: South Korea edge Philippines 1-0 at Asian Cup
- Football: South Korea survive Bahrain scare to reach Asian Cup quarter-finals
- We're taking the Asian Cup back to Doha, says Qatar's Afif
- Football: Usual suspects in the frame at expanded Asian Cup
- Football: Late Adnan free-kick hands Iraq Asian Cup win over Vietnam
- Five teams to watch at the Asian Cup
- 'It's about mentality': Son fighting fatigue in Asian Cup bid
Vietnam lose 1st game at Women's Asian Cup to South Korea have 302 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 22, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.