The Ministry of Health logged 16,838 coronavirus patients in Vietnam on Tuesday, along with 8,692 recoveries and 184 virus-linked fatalities.
The latest infections, including 75 imported and 16,763 domestic transmissions, were found in all 63 provinces and cities, the ministry said, elaborating that 12,151 caught the virus in the community.
Hanoi reported 2,935 of the newest local cases, Hai Phong City 1,139, Da Nang 943, Thanh Hoa Province 544, Khanh Hoa Province 507, Bac Ninh Province 491, Quang Ngai Province 462, Hung Yen Province 374, Quang Ninh Province 354, Hai Duong Province 302, Quang Nam Province 287, Thua Thien-Hue Province 257, Lam Dong Province 240, Ho Chi Minh City 226, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 226, Binh Thuan Province 180, Thai Nguyen Province 132, Lao Cai Province 92, Can Tho City 77, and Lai Chau Province 33.
Vietnam had recorded 21,691 locally-acquired infections on Monday.
The country has registered 2,055,722 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27, 2021. Above 1.75 million of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City has been hit the hardest with 511,687 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 291,960, Dong Nai Province with 99,388, Hanoi with 94,319, Tay Ninh Province with 86,067, Ca Mau Province 53,222, Dong Thap Province with 46,662, Can Tho City with 43,878, Long An Province with 41,159, An Giang Province with 35,088, Tien Giang Province with 35,067, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 29,680, Binh Thuan Province with 28,319, and Da Nang with 20,390.
Vietnam detected only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry documented 8,692 recovered patients on Tuesday, elevating the tally to 1,756,154.
The toll has added up to 35,972 fatalities after the ministry confirmed 184 deaths on the same day, including 30 in Dong Thap Province, 13 in Ho Chi Minh City, 12 in Hanoi, 12 in Vinh Long Province, 12 in Kien Giang Province, 11 in Ben Tre Province, and the remainder in 22 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has reported 2,062,128 patients, including 70 imported Omicron infections, since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit the country in early 2020.
The Omicron cases, all quarantined upon arrival in the Southeast Asian country, consist of 30 in Ho Chi Minh City, 27 in Quang Nam Province, three in Da Nang, two in Thanh Hoa Province, two in Khanh Hoa Province, two in Quang Ninh Province, one in Hanoi, one in Hai Duong Province, one in Hai Phong City, and one in Long An Province.
Health workers have administered more than 170 million vaccine doses, including 1,180,424 shots on Monday, since vaccination was rolled out nationwide on March 8, 2021.
Over 78.6 million of the country's 98 million people have received at least one dose while upwards of 72.6 million have been jabbed twice.
The number of third doses – including additional primary shots for immunocompromised people, boosters, and third jabs of Cuba's Abdala vaccine has surpassed 18.8 million.
- CDC says Arizona has US's highest rate of new COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam health ministry registers 8 new imported COVID-19 cases from Germany, Taiwan, France, Malaysia
- Lebanon records 5,414 new COVID-19 infections
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Health ministry says two-day Covid-19 vaccine dry run concludes and all the latest news
- Thailand reports 194 new COVID-19 infections, 6,884 in total
- Thailand reports 212 new COVID-19 infections, total cases top 10,000
- Nigeria records 1,354 new COVID-19 infections, highest ever
- New COVID-19 Lockdowns in Britain; New Variant Found in New York
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Reports 6 Cases Of New COVID-19 Strain As UK Returnees Test Positive
- Health ministry says 38 people in India test positive for new Covid-19 strain
- New COVID-19 Strain 'Almost Certainly' in Multiple States, Biden Advisor Atul Gawande Says
- California activates 'mass fatality' program over rising Covid-19 infections, buys more body bags
Vietnam health ministry documents 16,838 new COVID-19 infections have 567 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.