The program was part of the "Coast guards accompany fishermen" program ahead of the upcoming lunar New Year (Tet) festival 2022.
In Quan Lan commune, the delegation offered incense and flowers to fallen soldiers, visited and extended Tet greetings to the Party Committee and the People's Committee of Quan Lan commune, Quan Lan Border Station, the Quang Ninh provincial Border Guard Command.
Additionally, the delegation handed over national flags to fishermen, held a Chung cake making contest, inquired after and presented gifts to 50 policy families, offered 30 bicycles to needy students, opened a "zero-VND" fair to grant 100 Tet packages to poor households.
According to Senior Colonel Tran Van Xuan, "Island Tet" is an annual program organized by the Vietnam Coast Guard Command to give coast guard troops and fishermen a better understanding of the Vietnamese Tet festival, the Vietnamese coast guard force, and the local culture.
Colonel Xuan hoped that these activities would tighten the military-civilian ties and ease the difficulties of fishermen affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, contributing to safeguarding the national sovereignty over sea and islands.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Turkish Coast Guard rescues 16 migrants as boat capsizes
- Snorkeler reported missing near Tanguisson beach; GFD, Coast Guard launch search
- Diciotti saga: Italy accused of unjustly holding migrants on docked coast guard vessel
- New York City Wants to Put a Climate Change ‘Laboratory’ on Governors Island
- U.S. hands over Island-class patrol boats to Naval Forces of Ukraine
- AG's office awarded $1.9 million grant for crime victims programs
- The Latest: Greece expands program to transfer refugees
- Planned island roadwork for September 24-28
- Border Guard Service of Ukraine seeks to modernize ships, boats, buy new ones for maritime border guard
- China fires six warnings to US Navy plane over disputed South China Sea islands
- Trump launches public vote to find perfect ‘Space Force’ logo – but Russia immediately mocks it
- Baltimore RNLI assist fishing vessel in difficulty off West Cork coast
Vietnam Coast Guard Command launches “Island Tet” program have 315 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 19, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.