Vietnam logged 14,362 COVID-19 infections on Monday, along with 36,331 hospital discharges and 165 virus-related fatalities.
The newest cases, including 55 imported and 14,307 domestic transmissions, were confirmed in 61 provinces and cities, the Ministry of Health said, adding that 9,534 were infected in the community.
Hanoi reported 2,801 of the latest local cases, Da Nang 958, Hai Phong City 733, Thanh Hoa Province 585, Quang Ninh Province 404, Nam Dinh Province 355, Hai Duong Province 342, Vinh Phuc Province 297, Thai Nguyen Province 288, Quang Nam Province 270, Thua Thien-Hue Province 259, Lam Dong Province 196, Khanh Hoa Province 159, Quang Binh Province 148, Ho Chi Minh City 97, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 95, Binh Thuan Province 64, Can Tho City 29, and Lai Chau Province 26.
Vietnam had recorded 14,934 locally-acquired infections on Sunday.
The country has detected 2,149,095 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27, 2021. More than 1.83 million of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City is on top of the caseload with 512,871 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 292,303, Hanoi with 111,630, Dong Nai Province with 99,686, Tay Ninh Province with 87,289, Ca Mau Province 54,893, Dong Thap Province with 47,069, Can Tho City with 44,164, Long An Province with 41,398, An Giang Province with 35,337, Tien Giang Province with 35,235, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 30,398, Binh Thuan Province with 28,885, and Da Nang with 26,144.
Vietnam found only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
Hospitals discharged 36,331 coronavirus patients on Monday, raising the tally to 1,841,180, according to the health ministry.
The toll has added up to 36,884 deaths after the ministry documented 165 fatalities on the same day, including 21 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, 20 in Dong Nai Province, 11 in Vinh Long Province, 11 in Kien Giang Province, 10 in An Giang Province, and the remaining in 28 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has confirmed 2,155,784 patients, including 163 imported and community-based Omicron infections, since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit the country in early 2020.
The Omicron cases consist of 93 in Ho Chi Minh City, 27 in Quang Nam Province, 14 in Hanoi, 11 in Khanh Hoa Province, eight in Da Nang, two in Thanh Hoa Province, two in Quang Ninh Province, two in Kien Giang Province, one in Hai Duong Province, one in Hai Phong City, one in Long An Province, and one in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province.
Health workers have administered above 176.4 million vaccine doses, including 882,832 shots on Sunday, since vaccination was rolled out nationwide on March 8, 2021.
Above 78.89 million of the country's 98 million people have received at least one dose while more than 73.7 million have been injected twice.
The number of third doses – including additional primary shots for immunocompromised people, boosters, and third jabs of Cuba's Abdala vaccine has exceeded 23.77 million.
- Coronavirus-infected man recovers after 50 days on ventilator: report
- Covid-19 under control in Vietnam despite waves of infected returnees: expert
- Tally of recovered patients higher than new cases in past 24 hours: CM Sindh
- COVID-19 & Children: Coronavirus Infection In Kids Does Not Start With A Cough
- Pa. Secretary Of Health: 57 Percent Of State’s Patients Who Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus Are Considered Recovered
- South Africa coronavirus infections top 20,000, nearly 400 deaths
- Britain announces 118 coronavirus deaths - a 30% drop since last Sunday - taking total to 36,793 as Boris prepares to decide if lockdown should be eased further
- Psychiatric effects of COVID-19: One in three patients hospitalised with coronavirus infections later suffered PTSD-like symptoms and a quarter experienced delirium, study shows
- Patients with coronavirus infections may experience mental problems. Here’s why
- First batch of recovered patients leave hospital in Hassan
- Coronavirus infection rate among Premier League footballers and staff is THREE TIMES higher than the official figure for England, data shows
- Coronavirus infections in Pakistan touches 42,000 mark with 903 deaths: Health Ministry
Vietnam announces 14,362 coronavirus infections, 36,331 recovered patients have 597 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.