HÀ NỘI — Nguyễn Ngọc Trung won the first Việt Nam Motorkhana Championship which was held on Saturday in Hà Nội.
Driving against 13 other rivals at the Hà Nội Circuit around the Mỹ Đình Stadium, Trung topped the podium with a time of 2min 23.36 sec. He walked away with a prize of VNĐ50 million (US$2,200).
Phạm Quốc Huy came second with 2:30.75 while title favourite Trương Nam finished third, on 2:75.85.
These drivers competed in the first category for those who have been granted a sports car racing licence by the Vietnamese Motorsport Association Limited Liability Company (VMA LLC).
Later, Nguyễn Đăng Quang overcame Nguyễn Ngọc Quang Anh and Nguyễn Văn Khanh to take the title of the second division tournament for 11 drivers who are from VMA LLC member clubs across the country.
At the Saturday tournament, two cars raced at a time on an 800m track, that was designed to imitate the shape of Việt Nam. Athletes had to drive across the ‘country’, passing three milestones of Hà Nội’s Flag Tower, Huế’s Thiên Mụ Pagoda and HCM City’s Bến Thành Market, along with other markers and stakes.
Hitting markers and stakes or going the wrong way incurred time penalties which were added to the total time.
Vehicles used in racing are sedans, hatchbacks, CUV and SUV types which are normal means of daily transportation.
After the first successful edition, the championship which follows FIA standards is expected to be organised annually. The best drivers will represent Việt Nam at the FIA World Motorsport Games in Europe in October.
Organisers also hoped that they made a strong push for the speed racing competitions in Việt Nam. Through events, they can hunt talented athletes while luring more attention and organising international tournaments in the country.
VMA LLC has confirmed to host a stage of the Asia AutoGymkhana Championship in Hà Nội later this year. Việt Nam will have three representatives to compete.
Motorkhanas are motorsport events designed to test the acceleration, braking, and handling of cars and the skill and judgment of drivers.
Motorkhana is popular in Australia and New Zealand, but similar events are known as Autotest in the UK, Autocross or Solo in the US, and also known as Autokhana or Gymkhana elsewhere. VNS
- New Divas Championship History
- College Cross-Country - Washington Women Win PAC 10 Title, Set Record With First-Ever Perfect Score
- Prep Runners - Washington's Gig Harbor Girls Just Miss Another State Title and Chance at History
- College Football - Week 14 - Florida and Oklahoma Have a Shot at the National Title, Texas' Bid Ends
- Body Building National Championship - Facts You Are Curious About
- Formula One Becomes Much More Interesting - Wins Determine Champions
- Who Will Win the 2009 Wimbledon Tennis Grand Slam Championship?
- World Rally Championships - Is Sebastien Loeb Dominance Good?
- Today's Chicago Bulls Hope to Charge Into More NBA Championships
- Predictions For the 2009 F1 Championship
- Davis Cup - Spain Captures Their Third Title at Mar Del Plata
- Sparsh Pherwani wins Maharashtra state snooker crown
Trung wins Việt Nam Motorkhana Championship title have 680 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 16, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.