In particular, in the framework of the program "Border spring for local people" launched in Song Ma district by the Son La provincial Border Guard Command, the province's Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee, and other units, the organizers presented 992 gifts, each worth VND 700,000 to 900,000 each, to needy local households.
On the occasion, the organizers also granted scholarships to five students, and announced the financial support to build three great unity houses for disadvantaged households.
According to Senior Colonel Ca Van Lap, Secretary of the Party Committee and Political Commissar of the Son La provincial Border Guard Command, all gifts have been handed over to the recipients. "We are determined to let no local households be hungry during the first three days of the lunar New Year," the officer stressed.
So far, all of the ten border posts in Son La province have presented nearly 4,000 Tet gifts to the needy.
Meanwhile, Company 732 of Army Corps 15 has given 400 Tet gifts to policy beneficiary families, national contributors, village patriarchs, heads of villages, children with disabilities, and disadvantaged people in Sa Loong, Dak Ka, Dak Xu communes in Ngoc Hoi district and Ro Koi commune in Sa Thay district of Kon Tum province.
The company has also funded these localities' "Making chung cakes" programs as well.
Also on January 22, a mission from Army Corps 16 visited and presented gifts, each worth VND 400,000, to policy beneficiaries and disadvantaged households in Dong Tam and Dong Tien communes of Dong Phu district, Binh Phuoc province. Each gift package included glutinous rice, cooking oil, biscuits and candies, and other basic necessities.
The same day, 30 troops of Vinh Hai Border Station under the Soc Trang provincial Border Guard Command received Tet gifts from the command and other units, as part of the ongoing program "Gratitude in border areas and on islands." On the occasion, the command also presented gifts to Vinh Hai troops-people medical station.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Foreign diplomats send Tet wishes to Vietnamese people
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Overseas Vietnamese share stories of celebrating Tet away from home
- Lifestyle ‘Day of Pho’ to be held in Hanoi next week Vietnamese spare no expense on luxury Tet gift bags sold by top hotel brands
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa In Vietnam, remorseful robber returns US$4,300, apologizes to victim
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Meet the Egyptian woman bringing Vietnamese water puppetry to Cairo
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Gold-plated pigs line the counter in Vietnam ahead of Lunar New Year
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Conversations with Vietnamese billionaire Pham Nhat Vuong
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Preparations intensify for second Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi
- Society Tet gifts delivered to soldiers on Truong Sa Experts spotlight Saigon heritages in need of preservation
- Around 25,000 people visit Hue ancient capital on Tet
- Politics India celebrates 70th Republic Day in Ho Chi Minh City Pet sitting service emerges for Tet holiday in Vietnam
- Meaningful gifts for national contributors
Tet gifts reach needy people have 520 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 16, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.