The Vietnamese general made the request during his meeting with the South African guest on January 20 at the headquarters of the Ministry of National Defense.
At the reception, General Chien congratulated Colonel Dudley on the appointment as South African defense attaché to Vietnam and believed that he will have a successful term of office, contributing to developing the partnership for cooperation and development of the two countries in general and the bilateral defense ties in particular.
The Vietnamese deputy defense chief stressed that in the field of defense, South Africa is one of the effective cooperative partners of Vietnam. On the basis of the agreement on defense relations signed by the two defense ministries in 2006, the two sides have actively carried out cooperative activities, especially delegation exchange, consultation-dialogue, defense industry, training, security, logistics, military medicine, as well as non-traditional security issues like COVID-19 prevention and control.
While expressing his hope for the contribution of the South African defense attaché to the bilateral defense cooperation, General Chien said that the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense will create the most favorable conditions for him to complete his duties in Vietnam.
For his part, Colonel Dudley affirmed that the defense ties between South Africa and Vietnam have enjoyed new developments. In the time ahead, South Africa wishes to bolster the defense cooperation with Vietnam in fields such as personnel training, logistic service and military medicine. "South Africa is also willing to cooperate with Vietnam in English-language training," he said.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Part 4: Plenty of room for defense ties development
- Vietnam - France defense ties develop strongly: French Ambassador
- Vietnam and France to expand defense ties
- South African firm to make Pfizer vaccine, first in Africa
- China's Xi vows to "defend" and "develop" North Korea ties as Kim rallies army
- Part 2: Cooperation for mutual development
- Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
- PM wants to develop comprehensive partnership with U.S.
- Deputy Defense Minister meets RoK’s outgoing, new defense attachés
- Joe Biden admin expected to continue expansion of bilateral partnership with India due to China factor: Report
- North and South Korea Reopen Communication Lines After a Tense 14 Months
- UK Secretary of State for Defense pays first official visit to Vietnam
South African guest asked to contribute to developing bilateral defense ties have 364 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.