Hanoi (VNA) – Despite difficulties due to COVID-19 , Samsung Vietnam earned 74.2 billion USD in revenue last year, up 14 percent annually.
The company's export value, meanwhile, hit 65.5 billion USD, up 16 percent on year, according to its 2021 business report released on January 19.
Samsung Vietnam attributed the outcomes to its plants' serious implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures in line with regulations of the Vietnamese Government, particularly after the fourth wave of outbreaks began late April.
The company said it received comprehensive support from the Government and the authorities in localities where its factories are located, thus avoiding interruption to their operation.
Also in 2021, over 4 million Samsung foldable phones were sold worldwide, 4 times that the volume recorded in 2020. Currently, more than 50 percent of Samsung phone products are produced in Vietnam. Smart mobile phones manufactured at Samsung factories in the nation are being exported to 128 countries and territories around the world.
Director General of Samsung Vietnam Choi Joo-ho said in response to the assistance of the Vietnamese Government, his firm will not change its business strategy for the country.
By the end of 2021, Samsung Vietnam ‘s total accumulated investment capital hit 18 billion USD, 102 percent higher than the approved investment capital in 2020./.
- Tien Giang: Industrial production hits nearly 2.47 billion USD in 9 mo
- Plastics industry confident of achieving 3.2 billion USD export target
- HCM City receives 3.8 billion USD in remittances
- Thai government approves 106 billion USD for 2020 fiscal year
- Indonesia's digital economy to hit 40 billion USD by year-end
- Samsung Vietnam records 40% decline in profit amid unfavorable business environment
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- Vietnam’s ride hailing market exceeds US$1-billion revenue
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 10
- Vietnam-Russia economic, trade relations continue to thrive
- Samsung's Q3 Profit Estimate Exceeds Expectations on Smartphone Sales
- Hanoi performs well as economic locomotive of Vietnam
Samsung Vietnam’s 2021 revenue exceeds 74.2 billion USD have 297 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.