Hanoi (VNA) – The Global Civic Sharing (GCS) organisation of the Republic of Korea (RoK) on January 20 presented a computer lab worth 550 million VND (24,300 USD) to Lien Chau secondary school in Hanoi's Thanh Oai district, on the occasion of the 30th founding anniversary of the Vietnam-RoK diplomatic ties.
It is part of a project backed by the Seoul Guarantee Insurance Company (SGI), aiming at improving conditions for Vietnamese students. The lab comprises 35 computers, printers and Internet connection.
The SGI Dream Class project strives to build computer labs at disadvantaged schools in Vietnam, enabling them to access information and technologies.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Representative of GCS Vietnam Office Choi Eun-gyo said numerous small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) of the RoK wish to support the Vietnamese people.
He spoke highly of the efforts by the Hanoi Union of Friendship Organisations (HAUFO) in fundraising work and assisting foreign agencies.
Nguyen Thi Quynh Anh, a ninth grader of the school, said as she does not have a computer at home, the new one at school will help her study better.
This year, through HAUFO, the GCS Office in Vietnam will present two computer lab s and libraries totalling 1.8 billion VND to some schools in My Duc district and Son Tay town of Hanoi./.
- Rolpa students return home after Korea visit
- Integrated master’s programme in Computer Science
- Malawi: Queen Presents Two Malawians With Awards
- Wireless system can power devices inside the body
- K-Electric: Building On Foundations Of Long-Standing Commitment To Responsible Business
- Creating IT blueprints
- Now, you can hold a copy of your brain in the palm of your hand
- Education: Choose the right B-school
- PGGC-46 first in city offering MCom
- Carrel Moralez, 2nd top PSE performer, wants to be a scientist
- Inside IBM: struggling giant reinvents itself for the AI, quantum and blockchain era
- Dr Jitendra reviews Yatra arrangements at Lakhanpur
RoK organisation presents computer lab to Hanoi students have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.