HCM City (VNA) – Nami Solar, a subsidiary of Vietnam's Nami Energy company, and SK Ecoplant, a member of the Republic of Korea's conglomerate SK Group, sealed a joint venture deal on January 24 to pump 200 million USD into solar energy development in Vietnam.
The money is earmarked for building a 250 MWp rooftop solar power project in Vietnam .
According to a representative from Nami Energy, both the Vietnamese and RoK Governments highly value programmes in response to climate change, recovery, and green growth. Vietnam has pledged to be carbon neutral by 2050, while the RoK has vowed to cut carbon emissions by 40 percent by 2030.
The joint venture expected that solar power development will help concretise high-level commitments of the two governments. At the same time, it will assist SK Ecoplant in realising its goal of becoming a major renewable energy investor in the world, and Nami Solar in becoming a leading company in distributed solar power in Vietnam.
Nami Energy Founder and Chairman Luu Hoang Ha said distributed solar power solutions provided by the joint venture between SK Ecoplant and Nami Energy will support businesses in Vietnam, including Korean investors, in meeting their green energy needs and saving energy costs./.
- Jio | Kalaari Capital: Jio Platforms set to invest $200 million in Kalaari Capital
- Switzerland offers Vietnam nearly 80 million USD for business climate improvement
- Reliance joins Bill Gates, others to invest $144 million in U.S. energy storage co
- Genesis Energy plans biggest NZ investment in solar power to date
- Labor promises cheaper electric cars and cash for solar powered batteries, if it wins next federal election
- Nearly 40 million USD in relief aid given to freelancers in 19 southern localities
- Hoa Phat Group contributes 276 million USD to State budget in seven months
- RIL | Bill Gates: Reliance Industries, Bill Gates, others invest $144 million in US energy storage company Ambri Inc
- Microsoft Invests $5 Million in SoftBank-Backed Oyo Ahead of Its Expected IPO
- 5 No-Brainer Stocks to Invest $200 in Right Now
- US firm seeks to invest US$15 billion in power project in central Vietnam
- Reliance New Energy Solar to invest $50 million in battery storage firm Ambri
RoK firm invests 200 million USD in solar power in Vietnam have 345 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.