Hanoi (VNA) – The High-Level People's Procuracy in Hanoi on January 21 suggested upholding the first-instance trial’s sentences for four defendants in the case that occurred at the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT), Saigon Beer – Alcohol – Beverage JSC (Sabeco) and Ho Chi Minh City.
They included former Minister of Industry and Trade Vu Huy Hoang, former Director of the MoIT's Department of Light Industry Phan Chi Dung, former Deputy Director of HCM City’s Department of Planning and Investment Lam Nguyen Khoi, and former head of the department’s Infrastructure Development Division Le Quang Minh.
Earlier, at the instance trial, the Hanoi People's Court sentenced Hoang to 11 years' imprisonment and Dung to nine years in prison for "violating regulations on the management and use of State assets, causing losses and wastefulness".
According to the indictment from the Supreme People's Procuracy, Sabeco, which is under the MoIT's management, was given more than 6,000 sq.m of land at No. 2-4-6 on Hai Ba Trung street in downtown HCM City for production and business purposes. Sabeco Pearl, a joint venture between Sabeco and a number of private enterprises, to implement a project building a hotel, a trade and convention centre, and office space for lease on the land plot.
- Demand for release of Rajiv Gandhi assasination case convicts: A timeline
- Mississippi man gets a 12 YEAR prison sentence for bringing a cell phone into county jail cell after being arrested on a misdemeanor
- Kuwaiti 'Injustice' Decried as US Businesswoman Marsha Lazareva Sentenced to 22 Years Hard Labour
- Supreme Court REJECTS appeal in Michelle Carter's case and upholds her manslaughter conviction for goading her boyfriend via text messages to kill himself
- SC disposes of plea against release of Rajiv Gandhi assassination case convicts
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump says Pelosi, Dems defended Iran general
- Egypt judge sentences 680 Muslim Brotherhood backers to death, including leader Mohamed Badie
- Defendants face up to 24 months in jail after first grader’s death
- Supreme Court upholds travel ban, handing Trump major victory
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case convicts' 25 years of incarceration
- Judges' sentencing in high-profile court cases to be televised
- Appeals court clears attorney's contempt conviction after he filmed duct taping of defendant in July
Procuracy proposes upholding first-instance sentences for defendants in Sabeco case have 380 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.