Last year, despite COVID-19 pandemic, the two units effectively coordinated with one another to handle situations emerging in border areas. They proactively disseminated information to raise awareness of people living along the two sides of the borderline on the special friendship between the two countries, the law on borders, border gates.
They also boosted exchange of information to prevent crimes and COVID-19 pandemic.
At the meeting, Colonel Khamsing Nonthason wished the Vietnamese border guards success in the new year 2022. He took this chance to thank the host for their support, especially the provision of medical supplies for COVID-19 fight and financial assistance to build a traffic checkpoint in Bualapha district.
Senior Colonel Ho Thanh Son, Second-in-command and Chief of Staff of the Quang Binh provincial Border Guard Command, expressed deep gratitude for the Lao unit's solidarity and friendship. He hoped that the Lao unit would continue to bring into play the precious traditions of the two countries, two provinces, share information about crime prevention, and coordinate to deal with possible situations in the border areas and at border gates in the time ahead.
The same day, the Military Command of Thua Thien Hue province provided basic necessities, totally worth over VND 220 million, to 240 needy households in villages in the Lao provinces of Sekong and Salavan, who have badly affected by natural disasters and diseases.
Addressing the handover ceremony, Colonel Ngo Nam Cuong, Chief of the Thua Thien Hue provincial Military Command, inquired after the recipients and expressed his hope that the Lao side will continue to coordinate with the Vietnamese province's units and people to maintain security and safety along the borderline.
On the occasion, the Vietnamese command presented gifts to troops of Company 513, Sekong provincial Military Command and Tavang Police Station in Kaleum district.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Border Guard’s drug prevention force honoured
- State support for disadvantaged people ahead of Tet
- Disadvantaged people assisted to return home for Tet
- GM Vietnam launches Child Passenger Safety Campaign across Vietnam
- HCM City: Music show raises over 1.8 million USD for seas, islands
- The Zealot: Larry Pratt Is the Gun Lobby’s Secret Weapon
- The toddlers snatched by the SS... and the mother who NEVER gave up hope: It started with a plot to kill Hitler. It ended in one of the most astonishing and moving stories of the war, as revealed in a heartbreaking new book
Lao policemen present Tet gifts to Quang Binh Border Guard Command have 394 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.