KIÊN GIANG — The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province of Kiên Giang plans to step up co-operation with airlines and travel businesses to revive its tourism sector, which has been severely hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Its Department of Tourism signed memorandums of understanding with airlines operating domestic and international flights at a conference held last week.
Speaking at the conference, Bùi Quốc Thái, director of the department, said the province reopened to international travellers in November last year, and more than 200 South Korean tourists visited Phú Quốc Island.
The agreements with airlines were a strong foundation to enhance stimulus programmes, promotions and attractive tourism products expected to be launched as the sector shifts to a new normal, he said.
Nguyễn Bác Toán, director of Vietjet’s commercial department, said the province should offer favourable conditions to local travel firms and roll out stimulus programmes.
He promised that Vietjet would work with the province to strengthen tourism links with other localities and develop inter-provincial tours in the delta.
Lê Thị Nga, deputy director of Bamboo Airways' south region sales department, also called on the province to offer incentives to businesses for developing travel products and services.
Nguyễn Duy Linh Thảo, director of the province Tourism, Commerce and Investment Promotion Centre, said Kiên Giang planned to attract travellers from countries and territories with low risk of COVID outbreaks and promote its image as a safe and friendly destination.
Tourism promotion and marketing activities would also focus on the domestic market, especially HCM City, Hà Nội, Đà Nẵng, and Hải Phòng cities and Thanh Hóa, Nghệ An and Lâm Đồng provinces. —VNS
- Kiên Giang steps up measures to protect, develop forests
- MICE events heat up Vietnam’s domestic tourism
- HCMC estimates VND80 trillion in tourism revenue in 2020
- Bamboo Airways voted Asia's Leading Regional Airline by World Travel Awards
- HCM City seeks tourism coordination with Northeast, Northwest and Central regions
- Panama builds bridges, strengthens relations with the world
- Terraced fields, ethnic culture make northern Vietnam village irresistible
- Five Provincial Chairs elected last week
- Night market in Phu Quoc Island District
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 14 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 10 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 2
Kiên Giang Province strengthens ties with airlines to revive tourism have 392 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.