A light rain mixed with snow occurred for about 10 minutes at 6:30am on the day, resulting in a thin layer of ice on the ground on Mount Fansipan and nearby areas, according to a worker at the Fansipan cable car station.
This is the first rain with snow on this mountain, located in Lao Cai province, since the start of the 2021 winter.
It is a rare phenomenon in Vietnam and only recorded in high mountain areas in the northern region in winter.
Travel businesses expect this weather condition will help attract more visitors to the Sa Pa national tourism area during the coming Lunar New Year (Tet) holiday./.
- UK snow: Forecast in your area as parts of Britain could hit -8C this weekend
- California to see more spring snow and rain after dry winter
- 'I've never seen a snow leopard in the wild' -- the anthropologist who has spent two decades protecting Pakistan's elusive big cats
- UK storm forecast: -5C Arctic blast to smash Britain with SNOW and 60mph winds
- Antarctic sea ice falls to lowest level ever recorded
- S.F. Bay Area to see bursts of rain and sunshine for over a week while the Sierra gets pummeled with snow
- After Dry Winter, More Spring Snow And Rain Coming to California
- DNR Encourages Minnesotans To Report Fish Die-Offs
- US struggles to recover after storm dumps 40 inches of snow
- Antarctic Sea Ice Did The Exact Opposite Of What Models Predicted
- Sea-level rise from polar ice melt finally quantified
- A historian at ICE hunts Latin American war criminals in the U.S.
Ice, snow reported on Mount Fansipan have 294 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.