Hoa Nang Organic, a sustainable organic agriculture company, said it has received investment from the Beacon Fund, which focuses on supporting women-led and -owned businesses in Southeast Asia.
Hoa Nang said with the money the company would have additional resources to focus on its goal of expanding into the Mekong Delta, develop more organic product lines with higher value and serve more customers.
Dang Thi Truong An, CEO of Hoa Nang said: “The Beacon Fund is the first institutional foreign investor to invest in Hoa Nang. This recognition from an independent institutional investor is a testament to Hoa Nang Organic's track record and their faith in our future direction.
"This is an important milestone in our continuous efforts to bring more value to the community and positively impact society,” An said.
"We are excited to make an investment in Hoa Nang Organic. They have demonstrated a deep level of knowledge and passion for organic farming in Viet Nam and are making a difference to the lives of ordinary farmers. In addition to supporting Hoa Nang Organic's capital needs, we are equally excited about working with them via providing technical support to help improve their management capacity and bring about their next phase of growth," Shuyin Tang, CEO of the Beacon Fund, said.
Hoa Nang became widely known after appearing on Shark Tank in 2018 and receiving a seed investment of US$500k from Louis Nguyen, a prominent investor in Viet Nam and chairman & CEO of Saigon Asset Management (SAM). — VNS
Regarding the research and development centre, he said it is expected it to be put into operation this year.
Both sides noted their belief that the co-operation will grow further in 2022 and the years to come. — VNS
- Black women don't get much startup funding. These founders are trying to change that
- Govt-backed stress fund starts realty projects revival, buyers gain confidence
- Da Nang land market falls into crisis
- Korean investors seek opportunities in Da Nang IT Park
- Startup decade in full flow thanks to fund commitment
- Finnish fund logs 11 per cent net asset value gain in November
- NZ Super Fund wants to own more infrastructure, from pipes to Tiwai Pt.
- SpaceX gets $886 million from FCC to subsidize Starlink in 35 states
- Legal obstacles hindering private railway investment
- Alteria Capital looking to raise up to Rs 1,750 crore in second fund
- Tesla equity sale comes at a good time for index-fund trackers
- Six months into the pandemic, the US economic outlook is getting gloomier
Hoa Nang gets investment from Beacon Fund have 426 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 22, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.