Mai made the confirmation at his meeting with consul generals, chief representatives of international organizations, economic-cultural organizations, and business communities of countries and territories in the city on January 26 on the occasion of the approaching lunar New Year (Tet).
According to him, the city experienced 2021 with many difficulties and challenges, as the COVID-19 pandemic had a heavy impact on all socio-economic fields. However, it has to date put the pandemic under control and well implemented the policy of "safe and flexible adaptation to, and effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic." Those achievements come from the combination of many factors, including the important contribution of the foreign diplomatic missions.
The city leader extended his sincere thanks to consulates, international organizations, economic-cultural offices, and business associations of countries and territories for having always accompanying with and supporting the city in all circumstances, thus contributing to the pandemic fight and economic recovery of Vietnam and the city.
He pledged that the municipal administration will focus on further consolidating relationships with partners, effectively implementing signed international commitments, and promoting international cooperation projects.
Martin Maier, Swiss Consul General and also Head of Consular Corps in Ho Chi Minh City, said that its top goal is to create favorable conditions for high-level visits, organize programs to promote economic, cultural, scientific and technical development.
The consular offices are committed to continuing to support and strengthen cooperation with Ho Chi Minh City, to well perform the role of connecting the metropolis with the expat community in the city as well as businessmen and tourists for a mutually beneficial partnership.
On this occasion, the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City awarded certificates of merit to several consulates, international organizations, economic-cultural offices, and foreign business associations for their contribution to the city's fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- HCM City int’l travel expo to take place in September
- South Korean Naver opens programming center in HCM City
- French businesses hope to contribute to HCM City’s development: diplomat
- Thousands run in HCM City in response to Earth Hour
- HCM City launches official digital transformation portal
- Top legislator urges HCM City to focus on high-quality personnel development
- HCM City provides succour to COVID orphans
- Hi-tech industry – experience learnt from HCM City
- HCMC to promote cooperation relations with Cuba, Australia
- HCMC, Sierra Leone concentrate on agricultural, technological cooperation
- Ho Chi Minh City, Norway promote cooperation in many fields
- Vietnam, China strengthen cooperation in various fields
HCM City considers int’l cooperation a great support: city leader have 400 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.