HCM CITY — HCM City has announced the annual closure of certain roads in the downtown area to set up Flower Street and Book Street for Tết, which falls on February 1 this year.
According to the Department of Transport, from January 13 to 28, when the flower street is being set up, vehicles are banned from using turning point at Nguyễn Huệ Street near Tôn Đức Thắng Street.
From Jan 19 to 28, when the book street will be set up, vehicles will also be banned from using the stretch on Nguyễn Huệ Street from Tôn Đức Thắng to Nguyễn Thiệp Street as well as Ngô Đức Kế and Mạc Thị Bưởi streets.
During Tết from Jan 29 to Feb 5 vehicles will be banned on Nguyễn Huệ, Mạc Thị Bưởi and Ngô Đức Kế.
There will also be restrictions in streets like Nguyễn Thiệp, Lê Lợi, Huỳnh Thúc Kháng, and Tôn Thất Thiệp.
The Department of Culture and Sport has said there will be no fireworks displays on Lunar New Year’s Eve for a second straight year due to COVID.
The firework displays for New Year’s Eve had also been cancelled this year.
But other annual activities to celebrate Tết, including a spring flower market, will go ahead. — VNS
- HCM City sets aside land for waste transfer stations
- HCM City speeds up projects to improve quality of life for urbanites
- HCM City to develop public cultural spaces
- Apps, technology use improve traffic management in HCM City
- Two foreigners detained for robbery in HCM City
- HCM City to revoke long-delayed projects
- HCM City names 224 new roads and streets
- HCM City develops plan for underground spaces
- 235 people contacting with new COVID-19 cases in HCM City quarantined
- HCM City draws up plans for underground space, seeks private sector financing
- HCM City groundwater levels running low, warn experts
- Experts propose river-themed city scape for metropolis HCM City
HCM City bans vehicles in parts of District 1 to prepare for Tết have 354 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.